Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever put 1320 performance headers on their type s? If so how were they and did you put a high flow cat or use a test pipe

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
It's the same thing as the plm header everyone already uses

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm planning on getting this and will give you an update. If you get one with the high flow cat option, you might not pass emissions. The cat looks like a test pipe with some cells inside, which might not pass the visual inspection part of the test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The header fit well and you can feel an instant power gain, I am throwing a check engine light however it is the code p1164 and doesnt have to do with the cat

·
Registered
244 Posts
The header has been on for three months now without any major problems. The only issue i had so far was a leak near the donut gasket. I'm gonna have an exhaust shop fabricate a high flow cat, to replace the test pipe.

·
noobs
13 Posts
I have it on my car for 5 months now. I can hear a hissing sound must be a leak. I also had some of the slip joints welded. Probably a bad idea since it lost its flexibility.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Would you recommend getting one? The look very similar in design to the k-series RH with a few differences. I have an opportunity to get a brand new one for $320. Im purchasing one to replace my DC sports RH that i have currently.

·
noobs
13 Posts
pros cheap, comes with a high flow cat flow and defouler, there some power per butt dyno, clears the sway bar
con leaks!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm thinking about getting this..

Isin't this a PLM header remake? The welds look the same..

OBX v2 or 1320 performance header :eek:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well i just pulled the plug on this header. Got it on eBay for $320 shipped. Also, apparently they have had a high demand for them to be welded together, so i believe it is welded and shipped as a whole unit, aside from the test pipe. that would definitely take care of any leak issues that people have been having. i think it'll perform better than the dc sports header i have now, but time will tell. it looks very similar in design to the PLM and K-tuned header with a few exceptions, so i don't think i can go wrong with it.

·
noobs
13 Posts
Post some pics once you get it. I am curious if they did weld the joints. Nevertheless it will be shipped as one piece. That's how I got mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got the plm header and got the 1320 high flow cat to put on the header where the plm test pipe goes. Also I'll be installing the invidia q300 exhaust with it. I did notice right away that the 1320 cat flange to the cat back will need to be modified. Even tho the pipe is 2.5, they used a 2.25 flange. I measured it. Maybe they used this because it would be easier to bolt to the stock exhaust, but this flange can't be used with the q300 exhaust. I got a vibrant 2.5 flange so I can cut the little flange off and weld the new one on. The new flange is exactly the same size as the plm flange.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have this header. Install was easy. I had no fitment issues and it cleared the oem swaybar easily. It's running to my skunk 3in catless. No leaks I was happy with it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts