Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i purchased all the 1320 performance turbo stuff i could find except the intercooler. I got

Sidewinder manifold w/ 44mm wg flange
Rsx Downpipe
Universal dump 20” with the small bend
And the 4bar map

PROS-
So far it looks amazing craftsmanship looks very good. I bought the blemished model manifold and i seen 0 imperfections in it.
All turbo exhaust and mounting stuff looks like it’s very well quality and it is all 3” vband so that was a major plus in my book.

CONS-
I really wish the turbo stuff had at least a little explanation on how and what you have to remove or re-route to keep certain things. Like all the coolant hoses, ac lines all that stuff and everything near the firewall. Now i know on a sidewinder most of that is a given but it is not setup like other sidemount mani’s. The turbo sits in a nice location. BUT i have a 6262 turbo which is a little large so it is very close to the motor where it sits. Oil return was a straight bitch to get to mount and the wastegate is literally almost touching the tranny and cables.

I had to fight the hell out of the manifold to get everything mounted and to get to the wastegate the turbo and Downpipe has to come off no matter what. It is a bottom mount wastegate.
I wanted to keep everything that the car has. Ac, power steering, all that good stuff. And it is possible because i have it still. Just a lot of moving around.
The map sensor looks like oem. It works so far as long as you type in the values they say to on Kpro. I haven’t found any problems with it yet. BUT right at the moment the car is NOT tuned. I’m on a self made basemap on stock injectors so i don’t go into boost before the tune. Just been baby-ing it to make sure nothing breaks before i travel and dump way more into it.

The stuff you’ll have to remove or re-route is

all heater core hoses, hard coolant line around the driver side of the head ( luckily i had a ktuned swivel neck thermostat with a port to close or run a fitting on so i added a barb and sent that hose on the pass side to the firewall. Throttle cable, wiring, and the power steering line... i think that’s it. I just got it out of my way and heat taped it and put that heat shroud wrap for hoses over everything. And especially all the hard lines and wiring around or on the fire wall. You’ve gotta heat wrap or cool tape or whatever u get to keep the heat away from all the wires and hoses. Some will literally be on top of the manifold.
Also the dump tube i would recommend buying the 13” i had to chop mine down a shit load ( idk the actual length) the bend was useless and after it was chopped i turned it towards the rear motor mount where there’s a hole and works great there. You will def have to fab that part or at least chop.

The most important thing you must move or plug is the nipple coming off the back of the head to the heater core. It is a MUST to remove or find a fitting to plumb it under or around the manifold. The mani hits that nipple. I bought a M20 hydraulic line fitting that converted to 1/2” NPT so i could plum it at my local hardware store. I believe the threads are m20x1 or 1.5. Whichever one is more difficult to find is the thread. I will look if anyone needs the info and change this if i can.
So far with it un-tuned on a basic map with a very low rev limit the stuff holds up super well but the true test will be when i tune it this week i hope.

If anyone has any questions about any of this stuff i will gladly answer to the best of my knowledge. But in my opinion if your trying to go budget this stuff is the right ones to consider. (Might change when tuning for actual results lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Rsx type S
8 Posts
Looks good man. you running the k20A2 or K20z1? im gonna start doing a turbo build on my rsx, it looks like a bitch honestly lol i want to keep AC and everything also.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good man. you running the k20A2 or K20z1? im gonna start doing a turbo build on my rsx, it looks like a bitch honestly lol i want to keep AC and everything also.
it was pretty hard since there wasn’t any direction on what to so/re route or anything so i had to figure it out on the fly. But it really wasn’t hard at all once i figured that out. You’ll never go wrong with boost!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts