Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced last night.....it was 90 degress and dry as hell. The track was a little slick too. I launched between 4-5K and all my launches felt great. I shifted at 8600 1st 2nd and 3rd. I don't know what the hell I did wrong. I'm very dissatisfied at my 60' times too :jigglemad I ran about 4 times and stayed at 14.8 the whole time.

I also don't have much track experience....here's a slip

r/t - .497
60' - 2.405
330 - 6.467
1/8 - 9.741
MPH - 75.17
1000 - 12.534
1/4 - 14.892
MPH - 95.09

I also lost to an S2000 (with a 2.2 60') by a tenth of a second and one mile per hour :laughing: Something aint right with that!

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
try warming up ur tires??? other than that...practice practice practice...try launchin at different RPMS and see what works.. :thumbsup:

·
TeamDC5
748 Posts
that setup is good for high 13's. I have a similar set up....but just work on gettin that sixty foot down to sum 2.1's and ull b there no problem.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
talyler said:
I launched between 4-5K and all my launches felt great.
They may have "felt" great, but they were terrible (not trying to be a dick). A 2.4 60ft is an awful launch. Just keep practicing the launch and bring the 60 down. Are u on stock tires?

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you guys ever been to AZ in late May? Like I said an s2000 with a 2.2 60ft, ran a 14.716 @ 96.76mph. It wasn't stock either.

And SRD's 10 second turbo civic couldn't go faster than 12.4. It just wasn't a good night.

My tires are Toyo Proxes 4.

Yes I do need to practice launching. I still should have been able to get a good 60' time. I don't practice launching my car on the street, so I have to learn at the track. I haven't been to the track since January and I didn't run much then. I need more practice....and perhaps some ESMM:)

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
talyler said:
Have you guys ever been to AZ in late May? Like I said an s2000 with a 2.2 60ft, ran a 14.716 @ 96.76mph. It wasn't stock either.

And SRD's 10 second turbo civic couldn't go faster than 12.4. It just wasn't a good night.

My tires are Toyo Proxes 4.

Yes I do need to practice launching. I still should have been able to get a good 60' time. I don't practice launching my car on the street, so I have to learn at the track. I haven't been to the track since January and I didn't run much then. I need more practice....and perhaps some ESMM:)
Definately get the motor mounts, that will help a ton on launching :thumbsup:

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Type-S150 said:
Definately get the motor mounts, that will help a ton on launching :thumbsup:
hehe. More and more I'm making this car more unpleasant for daily driving. I'm saving for the TODA N2 and ITR manifold right now. I'm gonna have to buy an old civic to drive everyday, and leave this in the garage till I pay it off:laughing: 4 more years :driving:

·
1320 warrior!
4,911 Posts
I was in the same boat. First time to the track with my mods(i/e/rh/hondata-4) my best time was a 14.7 with a shitty 2.4 60'. The very next time I went to the track I hit [email protected] with a bit better 2.3 60'. Now a few weeks ago I hit a few 2.2's but only went from a 14.389(my previous best) to a 14.300(best so far). But I'm only trapping at 96-97. Must have been cause I only shifted around 8300-8400 or the track conditions. Next time I'll try shifting near fuel cut.
But with more and more runs under your belt you'll get there. Just keep trying.
You can alwasy try what I do. Just roll it off the line (around 1-2K rpms) like that you wont be spinning tires up to 2nd neither bogging down falling below vtec. I'll bet you if you do that you'll hit a 14.3 atleast. That's what I do all the time since I can't figure out how to launch the car from 4-5k rpms like most people do. Everytime I try I run high 14's low 15's. Now if I could only launch right I'd be running high 13's.

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EBP-RSX-S said:
I was in the same boat. First time to the track with my mods(i/e/rh/hondata-4) my best time was a 14.7 with a shitty 2.4 60'. The very next time I went to the track I hit [email protected] with a bit better 2.3 60'. Now a few weeks ago I hit a few 2.2's but only went from a 14.389(my previous best) to a 14.300(best so far). But I'm only trapping at 96-97. Must have been cause I only shifted around 8300-8400 or the track conditions. Next time I'll try shifting near fuel cut.
But with more and more runs under your belt you'll get there. Just keep trying.
You can alwasy try what I do. Just roll it off the line (around 1-2K rpms) like that you wont be spinning tires up to 2nd neither bogging down falling below vtec. I'll bet you if you do that you'll hit a 14.3 atleast. That's what I do all the time since I can't figure out how to launch the car from 4-5k rpms like most people do. Everytime I try I run high 14's low 15's. Now if I could only launch right I'd be running high 13's.
I'll try that next time. Yeah I'm not good at the high RPM launch. I can do a low one (like on the street) I never tried that at the track. It sux b/c I can't race again till about November b/c it's too hot here until then :(

·
TeamDC5
748 Posts
im tellin yall---motor mounts and azenis and launching off the 5500 limiter (or higher if u can) and learning to feather it will earn u some 2.0x sixty foots.

·
K20
3,090 Posts
I got the same setup as you too, im running nitto 555 dr's i got two runs in got 2.1's and end up hitting 8.922 in the 1/8th im running the j's dampener too. If i got more runs in and played with my tire psi i could have got 2.0's by the way i ran 8.922 in 75 deg. weather.

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
talyler said:
I raced last night.....it was 90 degress and dry as hell. The track was a little slick too. I launched between 4-5K and all my launches felt great. I shifted at 8600 1st 2nd and 3rd. I don't know what the hell I did wrong. I'm very dissatisfied at my 60' times too :jigglemad I ran about 4 times and stayed at 14.8 the whole time.

I also don't have much track experience....here's a slip

r/t - .497
60' - 2.405
330 - 6.467
1/8 - 9.741
MPH - 75.17
1000 - 12.534
1/4 - 14.892
MPH - 95.09

I also lost to an S2000 (with a 2.2 60') by a tenth of a second and one mile per hour :laughing: Something aint right with that!
Wow that sucks... I ran 14.8 with Intake/Exhaust/Gutted hatch.

It was 94degrees and It was my first time at the track.

Dont worry about it, theres too much pressure. You're car is alot faster than that. Back when I used to streetrace all the time, I told a guy that I ran 14.8 at the track. He laughed and said "you're doin alot better here".

I guess I was just more relaxed at the streetrace, plus it was ALOT colder.

·
Heads/Cam > Head/Cams
3,480 Posts
What elevation was the track at? That could be a big factor.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Tarnation said:
What elevation was the track at? That could be a big factor.
thats what I was thinkin. doesnt AZ have a few higher altitude tracks?? your times look alot like rsx/celicas that run at 3,000 ft elevation down here.

you should def look into that cause if thats the case you're not quite as slow as you think you are. lol

BUT you still have to fix that 60' :thumbsup:

·
Tyler
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Elevation is around 1117ft. It ain't too high:( I'm just not good at drag racing. I can get better...and that's why I'm here:driving:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts