Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this possible?...i saw NSTLLMNGR's sig and it said he had it done so how is this possible?...i sure would like to know because im getting my brake setup done right now so i can tackle it all right now...

· Skepticism Extraodinaire
1,522 Posts
He grinded down his calipers.

1,522 Posts
I'm not sure how much it would be hard to say.

I would grind little by little, and keep trying to put the rim on and see were exactly to grind.

· TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any specific offset for the rims because i know the size is 15x8 and all is there anyother info i should know about for the sizing of slicks and wheels because im not to familiar with them...

thanks alot eddie

1,522 Posts
You may want to PM NSTLLMNGR and get all the specs. I know there is a certain backspacing for the rim and I think they use longer studs with open ended lugs and some spacers.

Don't hold me to it, but I think is was a 5.5" backspace with a 1/4" spacer.

· The 1st-11 sec Rsx
261 Posts
The rim size is 15x8 with 5.5 back spacing. Your going to need about 5/16 spacer. If you want to spend the money you can order Bogarts made to fit.

Tim

· Registered
354 Posts
im currently working on putting an oem 15x6.5 jj stel rim from a 2003 accord lx
it doesnt fit all the way b/c the caliper is hitting the inside of the rim.
the caliper needs to be grinded down a little bit.

the 15x8 needs longer studs and maybe wheel spacers.
the 15x6.5 jj doesnt.

the drag slick is from mandhtire.com (23x8.3 x15")

· The 1st-11 sec Rsx
261 Posts
Bogarts cost anywhere from 300-500 each depending on size and style. I'm still running base rsx front brakes. I am going to put my type-s brakes back on soon. Yes yo will have to shave to caliphers.

Tim

· Registered
162 Posts
Inprogress2 said:
How is this possible?...i saw NSTLLMNGR's sig and it said he had it done so how is this possible?...i sure would like to know because im getting my brake setup done right now so i can tackle it all right now...
I have 15x8 Bogarts with not grinding on the caliper and no rubbing. Spacer yes. Cost about $520 for rims and $350 for M&H's. Had them for like a year.

· Registered
142 Posts
Sorry for not posting any sooner , but yes there is grinding involved not alot . i did it a little at a time . i first did it with a set of TOYOTA rims 15 x 6 steels . i had to grind the top of the caliper . with the draglites i had to grind the corner . i grinded till they fit and them some . i went about an extra 1/8 of an inch just to be safe .

Attachments

· Registered
354 Posts
DC5 RSX said:
that 23x8.3x15'' slick fits on those 15x6.5inch rims?
spoke to john at mandhtire.com and he says it will.
i could go with the the 23x7.5x15", which would fit very comfortably, but he says i will be fine with the 8.3
there is a 8.5x24.5x15" but he says it is too "meaty" and that the 8.5's are better suited if you have more than 240tq to the wheels (for these particular rims only).

· TeamDC5
544 Posts
NSTLLMNGR said:
Sorry for not posting any sooner , but yes there is grinding involved not alot . i did it a little at a time . i first did it with a set of TOYOTA rims 15 x 6 steels . i had to grind the top of the caliper . with the draglites i had to grind the corner . i grinded till they fit and them some . i went about an extra 1/8 of an inch just to be safe .
nstllmnger, What launching technique do you use with the slicks. Ive heard most people just rev it up to about 5000-6000 and just dump the clutch. What technique works best for you? thanks

1,522 Posts
You NEED the K-pro or toda flash (to get rid of the standstill limiter) to run slicks.

Our standstill rev limiter is only 5500, you have to launch at 7000+ on slicks or you will just bog.

· Registered
154 Posts
Eddie is right. I usually launch between 7000-7500 rmp.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.