Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get some opinions here..
My car is 12yrs old and just hit the 170k mark.
I'm planing on modifying... should I or should I save he money and buy a new car.?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has 190k and it runs side by side with my friend year newer type s with 100k
at 190k did ever have to change the suspension bushings ...like the trailing arm bushings.. i think my car needs new bushings almost every where... i got some ingalls camber kits too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
at 190k did ever have to change the suspension bushings ...like the trailing arm bushings.. i think my car needs new bushings almost every where... i got some ingalls camber kits too.
Mine is all tight, I do have new one piece coilovers that are 32 way adjustable it rides like new, nice and stiff. I did however just changed all wheel bearings ( started getting loud) and my front passenger ball joint will need to be replaced soon other than that no noises

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
do supporting mods first..suspension, brakes, clean up rust, paint, etc..and keep running that high mileage motor until it blows up.
then when the motor blows, you have a car with good suspension, clean paint, nice wheels, etc ..and you drop in a k24 and call it a day

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
170k miles? car probably just broke in tbh. I have a few buddies at 300k kilmoeters and their still modding the fck out of it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
^^^this

get kpro, a header and dyno it, all those parts can go on another motor, you will make plenty of power and not regret it if your motor craps out in the next 20k, which is also extremely unlikely.

I killed a headgasket at 250k, and that was my fault, not the head gasket (always use honda coolant) otherwise the motor was pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
do a compression check to see how good the engine is. Personally, I would mod it. It's a honda they last forever.

·
Banned
703 Posts
do a compression check to see how good the engine is. Personally, I would mod it. It's a honda they last forever.
:word:

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about the engine. A well mantained k20 can go on easily for over 300k miles. Just check to make sure everything good. Do a valve adjustment, compression test, and change your transmission fluid if you haven't already done so recently.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do supporting mods first..suspension, brakes, clean up rust, paint, etc..and keep running that high mileage motor until it blows up.
then when the motor blows, you have a car with good suspension, clean paint, nice wheels, etc ..and you drop in a k24 and call it a day

Nice Good to hear..
How do I clean up rust...?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts