Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
New Old BB6
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '02 base auto from a friend who was the first owner form the start. It has 170k on the odometer, the body is mint, It has a c west front (real), ings sides, stock rear, intake, exaust.

the car has a maintenence light and check engine light on (o2 which i reset and hasnt come back on) It runs and drives ok but its the slowest honda i have ever driven. I once promised myself that i would never drive an auto and now i own one :( .... that being said, how much longer can i expect this thing to run, should i be saving for K20a2 or something comparable.

I am also trying to trade the kit (front bumper alone retails @1100 paid when new) for stock bumper (front) and factory lip kit.

I would like to ultimately sell the heap and get an S2000 or type s but i think it might just be cheaper to convert this beast, i mean peice to something lovely like a type S...
by the way i paid 3,000 for it.

Attachments

• 324.1 KB Views: 224

·
:lurk:
1,612 Posts
the maintenance light you can reset to turn it off. the CEL, you'l have to check the code. It's a Honda engine, so it's not going to die on you anytime soon. 170k miles is just breaking it in lol.

As for converting it to a type-s, too much trouble. Like aftershock said, just keep it as your DD, and get something else.

And for the record, the base auto isn't the slowest Honda I've ever driven. It was my friend's older 4cyl Accord. That thing felt slooow.

·
New Old BB6
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

thanks dudes,,, only thing is, I dont drive it at all, I live in the city and just want it for the summer, so if im gonna keep it i wont barely drive it, thats why i think i could actually do the swap, Is it really that big a pain,, is it the auto to man. thing or everything?
I droped a b16 into my old civic but that was a long time ago and im kinda noob w/ k20 stuff.
I think im gonna sell the kit, the bumper was almost 1200 new so i was told, and i wouldnt doubt it it is the real c west and i guess he got it when it first came out. I cant drive a fast looking slow car, , i just dont do that,
how muck should i sell the bumper, sides, power spoon mirrors for??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Man I would have loved to found a buy like that when I needed a car. Sounds like the best DD you will ever get. Treat it right and you could probably squeeze out another 100k miles.

·
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌&#874
5,675 Posts
stay with it of course

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
keep and save up for an s2k or newer rsx, it will run for awhile as long as its maintained properly

·
New Old BB6
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'll buy it from you for 2500.
hehe Ill trade ya.
J/k sorry bro i wont loose mony on this thing unless i total it before i put insurance on it... but foreal ive had a 2 peps offer me 5, im def gonna beat the shit out of it all summer and either get a new motor or sell it. Im just on the fence about the kit, i may take the fromt bumper off and save it for the type S

·
WE GOT DEBRIS!
6,949 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts