Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get a fairly aggressive stance without having to roll my fenders. I have been thinking of running a 235/45 with these wheels but haven't been able to get a straight answer as to whether or not it would work without modification.

Has anyone ran this same fitment without problems? Or do you think it would be necessary to run 225s?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
No problem!!!!!!!!

I runing 235/45/17

i am trying to get a fairly aggressive stance without having to roll my fenders. I have been thinking of running a 235/45 with these wheels but haven't been able to get a straight answer as to whether or not it would work without modification.

Has anyone ran this same fitment without problems? Or do you think it would be necessary to run 225s?

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
im running 17x8 +38.. 255/40
No fender rolling, no negative camber in front, -1 degree in back, 1"F 1.4"R drop, no rubbing.

235/40..no rubbing with car same as listed above.

·
pimpin on budget
1,735 Posts
should be fine, its not that aggressive imo. if your slammed you might need to roll the rear a tad or add some neg camber in the rear a tad if you find your tires rub. 2 finger gap and no roll here. -.7 camber rear too. and thats with soft ass tanabe coilovers. one day my friend and his girl was riding in the back and the rear was dumped(fat asses) and still no rub.

·
Torkless and Vtakin'
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im running 17x8 +38.. 255/40
No fender rolling, no negative camber in front, -1 degree in back, 1"F 1.4"R drop, no rubbing.

235/40..no rubbing with car same as listed above.
Ok, so going for a 235/45 would maybe be a bit much then? I should go for a 40 then...

should be fine, its not that aggressive imo. if your slammed you might need to roll the rear a tad or add some neg camber in the rear a tad if you find your tires rub. 2 finger gap and no roll here. -.7 camber rear too. and thats with soft ass tanabe coilovers. one day my friend and his girl was riding in the back and the rear was dumped(fat asses) and still no rub.
Yeah, I'm not slammed, I live in NC and the roads and hills here do not allow it. lol THanks for the info.

I say 235/40
So you agree that a 40 instead of a 45 is a better idea? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Ok, so going for a 235/45 would maybe be a bit much then? I should go for a 40 then...
is 235/45 fits id use that. i personally like fatter sidewalls for a smoother ride. 235/40 is not bad though, looks good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So you agree that a 40 instead of a 45 is a better idea? Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

YOU SHOULD DEF BE FINE IF YOU ARE NOT DROPPED...I just got some nice stock 04 TL wheels (17''X8)...they came with 235/45/17 bridgestone turanaza's (70%tread) but i had a feeling that there would be a problem...so i went with 225/45/17 ....because i am aggressively dropped on tein basic coilovers...that was def a good move because now i am clearing fine but in the back i need some wheel spacers... because on sharp turns, the wheel(s) are slightly slightly nicking against rear control arms on the inner side...

I looked again and it turns out (co-incidentally) the tire shop that mounted by wheels and tires place a weight one the inner side ring of the rear rims (sticks out about 3mm maximum) and this is what is nicking on the rear control arms...

Anyways...just thought i would share my wonderful last couple of days...

...but does anyone know if I should go with the 5mm version 1 ICHIBA's or the 10mm...my worry is that the 5mm will be a lil iffy, but then if i go with the 10mm then my wheels may not clear on the rear fenders (and i do not want to roll my fenders)...any help please???????----thanks

BTW I STILL HAVE THE 235/45/17 (4) (70% tread)... I need $150 +shipping on buuyer (i live in NJ---07470)

·
Registered
54 Posts
right now im runnin 17x8 +47 offset and 215/45/17 tires. the fronts are good but the rear sometimes rubs on the trailing arm or somethin metal goin up hills or large bums. if i went with +36 offset, it should fix the problem correct?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Posted from an iPhone

Hey I'm getting the same spec 17x8 +35. can I run 245/45/17 front and 235/45/17 rear without any rubbing?

·
Michael Brown wannabe
2,983 Posts
instead of starting a new thread ill ask here, sorry ts

got on 255/35/18 on 18x8.5 +30, planning on getting progress coil overs how low can i go before ill start to rub and need to roll the fenders

·
Registered
714 Posts
i have 17x8 +35 offset on some drag dr-31 wheels and getting 225/45/17 tires on monday. ill post up pictures when i get then mounted

·
O-O-O-Oversteer
3,702 Posts
instead of starting a new thread ill ask here, sorry ts

got on 255/35/18 on 18x8.5 +30, planning on getting progress coil overs how low can i go before ill start to rub and need to roll the fenders
drop it until it rubs, then raise it a little. or drop it to your preference then add camber and roll fenders.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts