Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how bad will they hurt you in the quarter. will it be a big difference

· Representin' DC5AB.COM
276 Posts
When I raced with my 18's I lost about a half a second. So yes it will hurt your quarter mile. Although, I did have better traction, almost no wheel spin but I still ran slower then with the stock wheels.

· Registered
69 Posts
I was wondering the same thing so I'll give you my scoop. Keep in mind that I'm not a pro drag racer or anything. I bought my RSX S with 18 chrome Axis speed six rims on it. Ran it 5 or 6 times....with a best of 16 flat. Put the stockers back on after installing an Injen CAI and had a best of 15.2 first time out with that combo.

I'd agree a half second is a good estimate. There was a good 8 lbs per rim/tire difference on mine. 60 foot was 2.5 and with any luck on that, I'll be 15 flat or below.

Change the wheels/tires if you want 1/4 mile performance.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AZESS said:
Shit, just read your mods.....you should be low 14's or high 13's. What are you turning with the 18's?
with my 16's my best time was a 14.1 and i went last night with my 18's and I ran 14.9 . I couldnt figure it out. I did have a different flywheel and clutch. I dunno I was just wondering how much of a difference they should make. I have to upgrade my tires of my stockies and hit it again cause i still have stock rubber on them. anyway thanx for you input

· It's My Time
1,286 Posts
My centerlines are 18in (13.5lbs) and it does not seem to hurt because my tires are a 35 series. So it is slightly shorter than stock wheel and tire. What are yours? I do not like the fact that wheel hop increases, so I want 40 or 45's.

· Registered
69 Posts
slvrrsx1 said:
with my 16's my best time was a 14.1 and i went last night with my 18's and I ran 14.9 . I couldnt figure it out. I did have a different flywheel and clutch. I dunno I was just wondering how much of a difference they should make. I have to upgrade my tires of my stockies and hit it again cause i still have stock rubber on them. anyway thanx for you input
I think I guessed pretty close. My 18's were killing me so I'm guessing they cost me 6 tenths, at least. Glad to be rid of those anchors. :thumbsdow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.