Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would post up details, hope it can help out some of you.

I finally got my k20a3 dynoed over the weekend and here are the results.

This is a before after comparison from the stock k20a3 cams vs. k20a2 cams.

I went with the k20a3 exhaust rocker set-up, i think i'm herd about it being used other places, i think* this might be one of the first times results have been posted from a a3. The rest of the engine is stock internally.

Here are some pictures of the rocker set-up...

I've actually been running this set up for a little over a month now (~1100miles) and have had no problems at all.

other comparison (Green=k20z1,e85,race header, 76mm exhaust ect. Red=My vtec killer k20a3)

I'm very happy with how this has turned out.

·
Got Juice??
792 Posts
So you are using a2 cams and rocker assembly on both intake and exhaust side?
I asked the same thing as well lol. But actually hes running A3 exhaust rockers on both sides so it runs on the big lobe all the time :thumbsup:

·
2,871 Posts
I asked the same thing as well lol. But actually hes running A3 exhaust rockers on both sides so it runs on the big lobe all the time :thumbsup:
Interesting! I’ll have to look into this more. On the other hand; nice numbers TS! Your build is quite an inspiration.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTF! so the a2 primary and secondary lobe's don't hit the a3 rockers at all?

Fuck what is the clearance like?
They don't hit, the picuter of the rockers is actually like 800 miles after i put them in, I opened it up to make sure valve lash was still good, looks like it works perfect

your lobes hate you.
not sure if that's the case, it's no different then a type-s running in vtec.

·
Registered
499 Posts
so is he just using the a2 head on the a3 bottom? or just the a2 cams/rocker setup on a3 bottom?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so is he just using the a2 head on the a3 bottom? or just the a2 cams/rocker setup on a3 bottom?
No, I don't have a a2 head at all...what i did was get 4 exhaust rockers from another a3, so i have a total of 8 a3 exhaust rockers, once you have the rockers in the cams just work. So what i'm saying is the only thing from a k20a2 in my engine is the cams and VTC gear.

·
Registered
499 Posts
No, I don't have a a2 head at all...what i did was get 4 exhaust rockers from another a3, so i have a total of 8 a3 exhaust rockers, once you have the rockers in the cams just work. So what i'm saying is the only thing from a k20a2 in my engine is the cams and VTC gear.
oh i see, so in addtion to the 8 rockers, your using a2 or a3 cams?

·
Registered
499 Posts
thanks bro! lovin the help, this makes it alot easier to get power outa the a3 without swapping engines

·
I'll stick you!
5,644 Posts
Damn..... Impresive power

1 - 20 of 114 Posts