Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honored to be your first post, Chad.

I'm thinking that these just came out, as I've never seen them before. It's odd that they have a new product for a ten year old car though...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks RedK20z1, I just picked up an 02 RSX Type S last week and been lurking the forums trying to absorb some knowledge.

I just called 1A auto to ask about them and they said they've been selling them for the past 6 months and have sold 30 so far with no issues. I completely forgot to ask about spring rates though. He did mention they are backed by a lifetime warranty for whatever that is worth, not sure how long 1A Auto has been around.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I emailed them earlier today about spring and damper rates, got this reply back:

Thank You For Your Email,

Unfortunately we do not have that information available for you. These are made to the OEM mounting Specs and would lower the vehicle approximately 1.5". Please feel free to contact us if we can be of further assistance with this matter. Thank you and have a great afternoon.

Thank you,

Levi G

1A Auto
Visit us at: www.1AAuto.com
Order Line 888-844-3393
I think you would really be taking a gamble with these when the A-Spec is only $200 more. If anyone is brave enough to try them please chime in.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump to see if anyone else has any experience with these, especially since aspec are becoming increasingly difficult to get.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bringing this thread back just incase anyone is still wondering, i have purchased the 1Aauto lowering kit because i was curious to see how low it would go and how it woud ride. The fitment was perfect and the ride so far has been good (my old shocks were worn out so deffinetly better then before) and i am actually very suprised with how low it went, i am running 17x8 wheels not sure the offset but i also have 25mm spacers all around and 225/45 tires and in the rear i started to rub really bad so i had to roll my fenders and in the front it barley hits the fender liner on full lock. It deffinently lowered it quite a bit more then i expected and overall so far i am happy with it, only time will tell if they hold up or not.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If you lower, just make sure to toe out the wheels as lowering causes toe in. If you get a long measuring tool you can measure front to back across the face on the tires and toe it even yourself. I have alignment sticks, but anything would do.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any updates on how these hold up over time?
This is by far the best budget option I have found yet.

These will be replacing my buddy club coil overs due to rough ride on my 03 type-s.

I tried locating the OEM a-specs. Nowhere on google. I keep seeing discontinued.
Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
How can you tow out rear wheels if your car does not have camber kits or coilovers with camber adjust?
The rear pivot straight so no toe change is needed in the rear. In the front it swings in an arc as well but is towed by the tie rod ends--so lower toes in, raise and it toes out. However, there is a consentric bolt in the rear that you can adjust for toe, but is not needed if you lower or raise if your toe is fine before.

·
Registered
24 Posts
^Thanks I just bought my first DC5 a few months ago so I'm learning. About the 1A Auto Ive looked into the reviews and there nothing but complaints about part quality and customer service. Their strut kits for all vehicles look to be manufactured from the same place with the same components and people are saying they are garbage. I still am curious to hear if any Rsx owners have tried them and how they held, but I def won't take the risk. $450 wasted is still $450 wasted. Im leaning towards the Koni yellows with some springs like Eibach myself. I'm just looking to not have the stiffest of rides and some suspension that will last for a long time DD.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello All! Got these installed last week. Very smooth ride compared to the previous coil overs!

I replaced the struts due to the harsh ride of daily driving.
Now the ride is much smoother. NOT stock, but much more manageable.

My car is a 2003 RSX Type-S with about 38,000 original miles. I live in Central Texas.
'The car has NO rust or accidents.

Now when I accelerate it feels like the front end darts left and then back right when decelerating.
That has never done that before!
What would you recommend I have checked? OR what do you think it could be? Motor and Trans Mounts, Axles, Bushings, Ball Joints, etc.

Please keep in mind that this issue only started after the strut/coils were replaced. I love the ride though!!

Alignment was done the next day after the struts were replaced. All back to factory specs. (I have front and rear camber kits installed)
This issue only happens when accelerating. Sometimes when I am decelerating.
When I let off, it tracks straight. Even when I press the brakes, straight.
Its super strange. I was thinking it could be time for motor/trans mount replacements.

I will check the air pressures to make sure they are even all the way around.

Please help! Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Air pressures were even in all 4 tires. Just checked them now.

I forgot to add, this issue happens on all roads. Took it on a 45 minute drive mixed freeway and city driving, same issue.
Tires/Wheel set have about 500 miles on them, were replaced all 4 new from Discount Tire (Continental DWS 06) and new lug kit.
Smooth driving, NO vibrations or noises from tires/wheels and suspension.
Im not seeing any uneven wear either or have pulling while driving all speeds (10-100mph). I didn't want to push it any faster with this existing issue or issues. LOL.

Still perplexed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts