Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Lazy-ass Member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, about a week ago i looked at my odometer and noticed that over the past few months i have put 1k miles on my '04 ninja 250 so i wanted to share the news :)

i got the bike used last year but did not ride until i passed the msf course in january. at that point it was still too cold to ride but the nicer the weather got the more i've been riding it and all i can say is that i have been having a blast!!!

so here's some background - the ninja is my fist bike. i got it because, as everyone says, it's a great beginner bike. also, i actually like the old-school look and the fact that it's so underestimated. i am 6'0" and about 165 pounds and i feel comfortable on the bike albeit just a little cramped. it's also worth noting that i am not a poser so i don't care if i gots me da kewlest bling-bling krazy bike y0!

i know that there's a lot of talk about the 250 being too small and too slow and a waste of time and money because you'll want to upgrade to something bigger and so on... well, all i have to say about that is that it is NOT a waste of time and money!
first of all, it's small and light and easy to ride. second, it holds resale value like no other. lastely, it's faster than most cars out there and hangs with the big bikes in the corners.
personally, i will be upgrading to a new, bigger, bike at some point but i will also keep my little ninja because it really is a great, fun (!!!), little bike.

i should also note that since i got the bike used i ended up getting a full tune-up by a really good mechanic who, among other things, fixed the idle which is "broken" from the factory. i also got a set of new pirelli sport demons, a double bubble windscreen, and gel grips, all of which made riding even more enjoyable.
as the bike is right now it is at least as good, if not better, than what it would have been like had i purchased it brand new. (minus a bunch of cosmetic blemishes...)

so to sum up, i highly recommend getting the little ninja. as long as you are safe and don't care about the kiddies on their gixxxxah's the worst thing that will happen is you'll have fun :D

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
wtf is wrong with kiddies on gixxahs?
There's a problem when that 80 year old guy on the Harley can take corners better than that kid who likes to stand by his bike to look cool. :dontknow:

good job.....there's two type of riders.

Riders who want to ride fast and Riders who want to ride properly.
Glad to see your the latter.
What's wrong with wanting to ride fast? Is there no proper way to do it?

How about, "Do you want to ride a slow bike fast or a fast bike slow?"

·
Lazy-ass Member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wtf is wrong with kiddies on gixxahs?
i was at radio shack the other day and ended up talking to an 18-19 year old kid who worked there who was telling me that he was looking for a gixxer 750 because it wasn't too fast and wasn't too slow.

all i could say was "not too fast?!" and shake my head... :shakehead

edit: for those wondering, he never mentioned 1 word about a track so i think it's safe to say that he was going to ride it on the street

·
Lazy-ass Member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:laughat:

I told you you'd want a bigger bike!
:crying:

how is it going dude? i haven't talked to you in a while. shoot me a p.m.

and for your information, i'm not a big bad mofo like you. if i get a big bike and it starts tipping over i don't know if my skinny ass will be able to keep it from falling :laughing:

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
congrats mang! I remember putting 1k on my 250 in a month. For those who rag on the 250, i challenge you to rock one for a week BUT you actually have to ride it and do more than just speed up on and down the highway.

I miss mine :( I'll get another one at some point.

·
Acura 3.2TL
3,836 Posts
congrats mang! I remember putting 1k on my 250 in a month. For those who rag on the 250, i challenge you to rock one for a week BUT you actually have to ride it and do more than just speed up on and down the highway.

I miss mine :( I'll get another one at some point.

I read alot that alot of people go for the 600+ bikes becasue so they don't have to shift up on the highway. LOL.

Yeh for sure, the 250 really makes you work to get upto the higher speeds. That's how you learn.
This is my 3rd year with my Kawi ZZR250 and I am still learning a alot.

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
I read alot that alot of people go for the 600+ bikes becasue so they don't have to shift up on the highway. LOL.

Yeh for sure, the 250 really makes you work to get upto the higher speeds. That's how you learn.
IMO it's more fun to upshift through the gears. I get kind of lazy on a 600. If I ride my friend's, I just speed up to the limit in 2nd/3rd gear then shift all the way up to 6th.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

Wow ... f'ing retard poseurs.

·
trunk monkey
6,180 Posts
No matter what, if you are only riding on a straight highway, you aren't doing anything no matter what kind of bike you are on. I just like the challenge that a 250 is AND the fact that you can take it easy if you are just going point A to point B

·
BIG POPPA®
4,248 Posts
:crying:

how is it going dude? i haven't talked to you in a while. shoot me a p.m.

and for your information, i'm not a big bad mofo like you. if i get a big bike and it starts tipping over i don't know if my skinny ass will be able to keep it from falling :laughing:
Did I ever tell you about my friend who bought a brand new GSXR1100? He put a bunch of money and sweat into it to set it up for drag. Did it all quick too, like a month. Then someone stole it outta his garage.....completely uninsured!!! That was back when I was either in high school or just going into college. So my friend musta been about late teens or early 20s. Anyway, he had to pull double shifts and shit to pay off a bike he didn't even own.

Dude, Ba-by in exactly one freakin week!!!!!

See you gotta do what I did. My first bike weighed more than my RSX and all the weight was centered about at the head. That fuckin thing was a tank!!!

Though I did love tooling around on my friends 440LTD......:laughing:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts