Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be building a custom exhaust for my rsx this spring, i need a little more flow than the 03 type s catback provides. its not a race car and im not interested in maximum power, so ill gladly loose a few ponies for a bit quieter setup.

Im thinking of using an oem muffler thats 2.5", wondering what options are out there, an if anyone has done a similar setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im going to weld a cat in since it has to pass inspection and quite frankly i dont want to smell exhaust all the time. i have the magnaflow 200 cell spun cat already. consequently i didnt want to spend bucks on a catback just to hack it up when i can just get the piping kit for less than 200 bucks.

what about twin loop mufflers? are there any that are actually 2.5"? i currently have a type s exhaust and with my k24 swap its enough of a restriction that the timing has to remain lower than I want to avoid knock. (dyno tuned its not just speculation)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bit the bullet and bought the q300. I like the larger piping and it seems to have an internal twin loop style muffler so it shouldnt kill the power as bad as a chambered muffler.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know im still on the shorty header, but damn this exhaust is quiet!!! car feels a little better but i didnt have to add much fuel so id assume its not making crazy gains in power over the type s catback till i get the race header on.

im gonna cut that damn tip off though its the size of a god damn football and just weld some straight pipe off the muffler then get it painted black. quiet as it is, its big and bling and shiny and lets cops know its not a factory part

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its gonna be like a bris, snip the tip! im not going to throw it away or anything and it can be welded back on at any time, but its not my style to have that gaudy rice box massive dick tip hanging off my car. i bought the exhaust for the piping size and muffler internal designs quiet tone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts