Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

5,022 Posts
Wait a couple of days and I will put up some pics of the new turbo back system from Thermal R&D. I made a post about that in here. Price is going to be around $700. Not sure of the gains but I think they will be better than my 210WHP that I made with a MagnaNoFlow.

5,022 Posts
Well, Mr. Rocket Scientist. When I purchased the Magnaflow system. The guy selling it told me that it was a very good exhaust for my car. At the time, when I was NA it was in fact very good and I liked it. But, when the transformation to FI took place, I did not think about the exhaust aspect. I have only been dealing with import cars and aftermarket products for only 1 year. So, I might have had some ignorance when choosing the system and not switching when going FI. Only when it was pointed out that the muffler was my restrictor in power did I get upset about this problem. But, no matter. Come Friday, all will be good in my world. So, any other constructive points of criticism that you want to point out? :)

5,022 Posts
Again, I never bashed Magnaflow on being "shitty". I just said that the system was not working in my favor and so I tagged it with MagnaNoFlow. Because, that was the case at that time. The exhaust was the restrictor. I even stated that while I was NA the Magnaflow system was very good, probably no gains to be seen, but I like the fitment, sound, and look. I would even recommend this system to someone looking for an exhaust. It sounds really nice at idle and even sorta growls at throttle. So I will say this to anyone reading. If you want a good quality exhaust system that is not going to break your bank then I suggest going with the Magnaflow line cat back systems. They are good quality, sound nice and look good on the RSX. Just remember when you decide to upgrade to more power you will want to rethink your exhaust system. Don't be like me and keep a NA cat back on a FI car.

5,022 Posts
When dealing with Forced Induction and the fact the muffler had an inside diameter of maybe 1.5 inches. Yeah, there was no flow. To a noob looking to go FI. Then they would be smart and research all the possibilities before buying something. Look at all the variables and then decide what to do. I apologize for calling the Magnaflow line "MagnaNoFlow". I was upset about the findings and for being ignorant when I purchased the system. It was a rash statement and I retract it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.