Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
13.43 @ 105.43
2,213 Posts
2 inch drop is coo if you dont plan on getting a kit ...i got a 2 inch drop and it looks good...but if your planning on getting a kit...like oem or type r ...go with an 1 3/4 drop..it'll look great...any lower...all your gonna hear is scrape srape srape

·
Registered
701 Posts
Also it depends on the roads in your area. So if your area has crappy roads (potholes, etc.) and you plan on getting a body kit, I don't think a 2" drop is a good idea. I have a 1.7/1.4" drop F/R with the OEM kit, and the roads around here are semi-crappy. I've only scraped a couple of times.

·
It's My Time
1,286 Posts
I have a 2.25in all around and I love it. I have 18x8 blackpearl centerlines and have no problems. I got the front aligned, but did not have a chamber kit so I could not do the rear. I rotated tires often, so never worried about my tires wearing unevenly. This helped me drift car because tires stuck out a bit. I went a year and a half and finally blew one of the rear stock struts. The only thing i think konis are needed if you go below 2in because the ride is just to bouncy.

·
Car Is Sold!
1,994 Posts
RSX King said:
This helped me drift car because tires stuck out a bit. I went a year and a half and finally blew one of the rear stock struts.
The setup used for drifting is the opposite way around. You have the front tires at a negative camber and the rear almost at dead zero. If you have a negative camber in the rear, it's more difficult to slide the back end around because of the angle of the wheels to the surface. I'm pretty sure having the front aligned and the rear at a negative camber did NOT help you drift.

Sorry for the off topic, but I've got mine at an approximate 2" drop and you'll be fine. It's a little rough on the stock shocks, but the roads here are pretty good so I'm not too worried about it right now.

·
yawn..
7,285 Posts
I'm a tad over 2 inches on skunk2's. Going to pick up new suspension soon lol. These arn't cutting it

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
theproject said:
I have skunk2 lowering springs that will give my rsx a 2" drop in the front and 2.25" in the rear... Is this too much of a drop???? Please Help?? :nervous:
2" drops or more look nice on show cars, but for a daily driver it might be more hassle than you want. Like people have said before, you might run into scraping, and you'll definitely need to fix your camber. Also, your shocks will blow out a lot quicker with that much of a drop, costing you even more money down the road. The ride quality will suffer for everyday driving, especially if the roads aren't that good. I think 1.25" to 1.5" drops are perfect, but that's just a preference for me.

·
Registered
796 Posts
beatred said:
Mine is 2.5inch in the back and 2.3 in the front. AND I LOVE IT! I've even got a body kit so theres virtually no clearance under my car but whatever. just gotta go slow over speed bumps. thats it.

Oh and i've never scraped yet.
how have you not scraped yet?? i pretty much have the same set-up but lowered at 1.7 in the front and i scrape. especially going down parking lot exits. :thumbsdow :crying:

·
What are you made of...
6,141 Posts
Personally its too much its just cause I live where winter comes :(

·
It's My Time
1,286 Posts
GIKEN said:
The setup used for drifting is the opposite way around. You have the front tires at a negative camber and the rear almost at dead zero. If you have a negative camber in the rear, it's more difficult to slide the back end around because of the angle of the wheels to the surface. I'm pretty sure having the front aligned and the rear at a negative camber did NOT help you drift.

Sorry for the off topic, but I've got mine at an approximate 2" drop and you'll be fine. It's a little rough on the stock shocks, but the roads here are pretty good so I'm not too worried about it right now.
Yes the rear end is a lot more grippy. When you hit a turn hard the rear tire will plant flat and it will not step out on you. When you are going in to the drift to fast the car likes to swing the backend around in stock form. It just makes it so you can slide for a lot longer with out the cars front and rear end trying to move on you. I know this helps because I drift all day long.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.