Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so first thing is that when i start the car after a prolonged period of time.. its make s a loud PSSSSSH sound very loud. and then ill restart it and it wont do it until i leave the car for a long time.. what do u guys think..

2nd is i have a GReddy EVO TT exhuast and when it rains it or whenever i run over a puddle it begins to shake and hit my heat sheilds and feel like its going to fall off, and yes i rechecked all of the bolts and hangers and made sure i had the correct gaskets...

THANKS IN ADVANCE +rep to anyone who can help lol

·
I love my Type-Sex
9,877 Posts
Both of your problems seem normal to me. The first one is your motor revving at around 1750-1800 RPM's to get to normal operating temperature so you hear the AEM V2 that you have on your car suckin' in air.

The second one is just what happens when you get water on your exhaust. My exhaust does that too when I drive in the rain. it tends to rattle for some reason.

Your problems are normal IMO. relax

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the intake only does that when it hasent been started in a while?

·
Hi there
696 Posts
so the intake only does that when it hasent been started in a while?
No its just when our vehicles are started cold the ecm will hold the rpms up around 1750rpms to warm up the car that much quicker. Those higher rpms are what makes the noise from the cai much more noticeable. i wouldnt worry about it.

Reactions: ITR2ENVY

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
The intake noise is normal and is because the IAC valve is open quite a bit to keep the revs up on a cold start.

It's the equivalent of straining to suck air in through a straw.

You get kinda the same noise when you shut the engine off.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
As for the exhaust and the rain I've read a few threads about this.

My conclusion is that it's the effect of the cold water hitting the hot exhaust.

The exhaust expands with heat and contracts with cold. So when the hot exhaust gets blasted with cold water it wants to contract when the hot exhaust gases are still making the metal want to expand on the inside.

Reactions: ITR2ENVY

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone for the help + rep for alllll hahaha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts