Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 type S, has fog lights, and I have two issues with them.

First problem, which is the one that is of immediate concern, is that the lens is cracked, which is an automatic fail for a Virginia safety inspection.

Here is a link to a pic of the light:
http://imgur.com/a/jV4QUIP

Is there a way to replace the glass/plastic lens or do I have to replace the entire fixture?

Also, is that the way you pull the bulbs? I think there is a screw under one of the "vent" holes that allows you to take that panel off. After that, I'm guessing you can pull that fixture out and the bulbs come out from there. The lights worked for about the first week after I bought the car, then nothing. I checked the fuse under the dash (a standalone 15A), but it was good, so I am thinking the bulbs blew in fairly rapid succession.

Sorry for such bush league questions, but my 2002 base model didn't have fog lights, and I am up against the clock to get this thing registered and inspected.

Thanks,
--vr

·
Curious Gooner
3,709 Posts
First problem, which is the one that is of immediate concern, is that the lens is cracked, which is an automatic fail for a Virginia safety inspection.

That seems a little excessive. I can understand if your headlight was cracked but a "optional" fog light will fail you? Note to self, dont move to VA. :rest

Also, is that the way you pull the bulbs? I think there is a screw under one of the "vent" holes that allows you to take that panel off. After that, I'm guessing you can pull that fixture out and the bulbs come out from there. The lights worked for about the first week after I bought the car, then nothing. I checked the fuse under the dash (a standalone 15A), but it was good, so I am thinking the bulbs blew in fairly rapid succession.

I just turn the wheel, pop off some of the wheel liner in the wheel well and under the bumper, and go in that way. I've always changed the bulbs this way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That seems a little excessive. I can understand if your headlight was cracked but a "optional" fog light will fail you? Note to self, dont move to VA. :rest
Right? But a buddy of mine who used to be a VA inspector confirmed this.

I just turn the wheel, pop off some of the wheel liner in the wheel well and under the bumper, and go in that way. I've always changed the bulbs this way. :thumbsup:
All rightie then...That sounds a lot better and less painful than what I had thought and even less painful than pulling the bumper cover. (I'm always afraid that I am going to break the clips when I do that...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts