Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
^VTEC ADDICT!
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this kid i know that works at a performance shop said he got his friends base 5-speed rsx to put out 200hp to the crank, with just Aem cold air intake, and exhaust system. and when he races type-S's he stays with them the whole time, somtimes even pulling on them. he does this by somhow tunning the engine so it puts out more hp.he also said he could do the same to my car for cheap. should i believe him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
How does you friend measure crank HP to 200 ? when was the last time people dyno at the flywheel ? 200 is just a guess right ? If hes got dyno slips showing his crank HP please do show.

RSX-S stock WHP = 160-172
RSX Base WHP = 105-115 (estimated)

RSX-S = 2778 lbs. (why heavier ? more parts than the base, and performs better)
RSX-5 speed = 2721 lbs.
20 lbs = -1HP (I think)

CAI = maybe 10-17whp?
Exhaust System = maybe 10whp the most.

Kind a hard to believe a base 5 speed keeps up w/ a Type S.
 

·
Remember
Joined
·
1,929 Posts
A base with I/E/race header + hondata (the best tuning so far for the RSX) will not get you 200 h.p. Unless this kid's tuning is much better than the 1000's of hours put into the hondata program.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,512 Posts
MugenHonda said:
On a Dynojet. With I/h/e/hondata it ill be in the mid 150s easily and a mid-high 14 sec car.
Ok you were the one doubting that that one girl hit a 13.03, because you know so much about the drag strip. Can you please tell me how a base model, modded RSX with mid 150whp is going to pull a 14.5 when a stock S putting down anywhere from 10-20whp more cant do it?

EDIT: Not to get off topic, so this is for the thread starter. Your friend is completely full of shit. Fuck the flywheel, ask him what it puts down at the wheels. This should be funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,474 Posts
MugenHonda said:
On a Dynojet. With I/h/e/hondata it ill be in the mid 150s easily and a mid-high 14 sec car.
Look at klutchrsx.......He has a lot more then that and his best is a 14.6......Which took him a LONG time to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
MugenHonda said:
On a Dynojet. With I/h/e/hondata it ill be in the mid 150s easily and a mid-high 14 sec car.
lol 150whp mid-high 14's :laughing:

RSX 5 speed: 15.8-16.2 flat
-160 Factory HP
RSX 6 speed Type S:14.8-15.2 flat
-200 Factory HP

Intake: $100.00 - $300.00
Exhaust system: $300.00 - $900.00
Headers:Street $250.00-550.00 Race:$700.00-$1,000.00
Hondata: $600.00-$650.00

now think about that, if the kid spent all that money on a 5 speed RSX he could have just got the Type S w/ better performance and more extras.

I guess some people dont think about that.
:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Acuraivtec said:
lol 150whp mid-high 14's :laughing:

RSX 5 speed: 15.8-16.2 flat
-160 Factory HP
RSX 6 speed Type S:14.8-15.2 flat
-200 Factory HP

Intake: $100.00 - $300.00
Exhaust system: $300.00 - $900.00
Headers:Street $250.00-550.00 Race:$700.00-$1,000.00
Hondata: $600.00-$650.00

now think about that, if the kid spent all that money on a 5 speed RSX he could have just got the Type S w/ better performance and more extras.

I guess some people dont think about that.
:thumbsup:
I can tell you right now that it's totally possible. I ran a 15.3 with my gf's EP3 with just intake and exhaust when it was hot out on 17s. Hondata alone drops about .4-.5 off that time because you finish the 1/4 in 3rd gear instead of 4th. I can tell you right now that I could run a high 14sec run with the current mods on the EP, just i/e with the stockies instead of the 17s... as long as the weather is cold and I take enough shit outl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
oh ok let me some slips,pictures or videos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Ok, Remind me, first week of April to show you some slips after the track opens. I promise you will see a 14 sec slip. Be it on stock, or aftermarket tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,729 Posts
K20A3 w/ CAI, Exhaust, Header, and Hondata ES MMs beats K20A2.

I will put $ on that race.

-eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,474 Posts
Ericcarver1 said:
K20A3 w/ CAI, Exhaust, Header, and Hondata ES MMs beats K20A2.

I will put $ on that race.

-eric
That would be a good race. Although, I think the type s would still walk the base top end. With those mods on a base, it comes down to a drivers race with a stock A2......The S still has better gearing:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
no offense to all base 5 speed.

why try to upgrade ur 5 speed just to match the performance of a stock Type S??? with the same prize or even less u could have just got the S.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,729 Posts
Acuraivtec - This post is just for fun though.

APEXiTypes, so its a bet then, all we gotta do is find a stock type S, and a CAI/Race Header/Hondata/Exhaust base that want to get down... =)

-eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,101 Posts
MugenHonda said:
Ok, Remind me, first week of April to show you some slips after the track opens. I promise you will see a 14 sec slip. Be it on stock, or aftermarket tires.
The Si has the 4.764 final drive, does it not? it should of course do better in the 1/4 than the RSX 5-spd other things being equal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,474 Posts
Ericcarver1 said:
Acuraivtec - This post is just for fun though.

APEXiTypes, so its a bet then, all we gotta do is find a stock type S, and a CAI/Race Header/Hondata/Exhaust base that want to get down... =)

-eric
As long as it's a "friendly bet".:laughing: Being a college student, I can't afford to lose any money.:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
Eric - if you win I ll give u a set of black ractive shoulder pads. (I have to find it first).
 
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Top