Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Located near Louisville, Ky. Will meet halfway or have it shipped.

Just like the title says, I have a 2000 Honda Insight for sale. This car is in good condition, and there are no mechanical problems at all. To my knowledge this car has never been in any accidents.

So here are the specs on this car:
max mpg for me was around 85 mpg for about 55 miles. I did this in Illinois where it pretty flat.

My average city mpg is about 55 mpg and about 45 mpg with the AC on. My average highway mpg is about 65 - 75 mpg depending on the area I am driving in. If you turn on the AC it will drop down to 55 mpg. The gas milage you get out of this car is greatly determined by the way that you drive it. Once you learn the proper way to drive it you will have no problem pulling 70 mpg. However, if you are putting the gas to the floor you might as well not even bother with this car...it will not be worth your time or money.

With the great gas milage comes a big disadvantage in power. This car will have no problem going 80-90 mph, but it will take you a while to make it to that speed while keeping your mpg high.

The car handles great, at which I was really surprised. My other car is an Evo 8 and I must say that I was impressed with the handling of the Insight.

This is a 2 seater, but I am 6'1" and I have plenty of head and leg room. I could even scoot the seat back further if I needed to.

Quick spec sheet
-5 speed
-3 cylinder vtec-e w/ ima
-power windows
-power locks
-alarm
-sony xplode cd player
-a huge amount of horsepower (68 hp) haha
-116,XXX miles on the car
-Mobil 1 oil changes every 7k miles (synthetic and that is per Honda)

Over all this is a great car for someone who drives a lot, and wants great mpg. This car actually is the most fuel effient car on the market. The batteries are still in great shape and have an expected life of 200k miles. I have seen these going on ebay for $13k or more with similar miles and year.

Price $12,000 I know this is higher than kbb, but this is what I would want to sell it for, and people are getting this for them.

You can PM me on here or send an email to [email protected] for a quicker response.
If you have any questions let me know,
Brian

·
Homer says....
2,496 Posts
Man I wish I got one of these before gas prices went bonkers, and throw a K20A in there:giggity:

Good luck man:thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man I wish I got one of these before gas prices went bonkers, and throw a K20A in there:giggity:

Good luck man:thumbsup:
Yeah I actually bought it about a year and half ago and I am pretty pleased with the price increase on the Insight. I love only having to fill up once every 3 weeks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why are you selling? six cars too much?

GL with sale, wish i had one before people started over priceing them.
I actually only own the Insight and an Evo. The pictures were taken at my parent's house.

Reason that I am selling is that I don't drive enough to need a high mpg car like this anymore. I used to drive about 400-500 miles per week, and now I drive around 150-200. With that being said, I would just rather own one car and I would rather drive the Evo. Plus, with the prices they are selling at it gives me more reason to sell it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
lol this would be the smart thing to buy, instead of getting 12-15mpg in my sti... but we usually don't pick the smart thing over the fun thing i guess :dontknow:

luckily i have a dd, but still even my rsx i could get 30+ mpg and it was at least a mid 13 second car

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah bump

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will consider trades.....

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
Looks pretty good on the outside but on the inside... boy did honda fail in that department. :laughing:

Bump for you. :p

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My guess, it was to keep it simple and light.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bump

·
Registered
387 Posts
eBay completed items, not a single Insight has sold for more than $10,900CDN, and that's with ~70k miles.

Supply is low, but demand is just not there. Budge on the price and you might move it, or roll the dice on eBay.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New batteries installed. For free under warranty. A 150k mile warranty is amazing.

eBay completed items, not a single Insight has sold for more than $10,900CDN, and that's with ~70k miles.

Supply is low, but demand is just not there. Budge on the price and you might move it, or roll the dice on eBay.
Funny you should mention that, looks like there are plenty of them:
This one ended at $13.7k
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=230273069951&rd=1

2days left
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...006QQitemZ160277344984QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
2001 but you'll get the point
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...007QQitemZ170257658490QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
2001 with 5 days left
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...003QQitemZ130252092083QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
2002 but a CVT and they sell for less
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hond...008QQitemZ180283778493QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

By the way, I am not opposed to anyone making an offer.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
can't you get a smart car for like 12-15k, maybe cheaper?... you do have to wait on a list awhile though or get one of ebay for like 20k...

so yeah, it is supply and demand

bump for a low mpg 68 hp beast! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts