Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes, small car, lots of storage with folding rear seats and hatch. Good gas mileage too (relative) and easy to get work done/parts

·
Registered
241 Posts
is 2002 acura rsx good for city driving
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. You come to an RSX forum to ask if the RSX is "good"... I seriously doubt anyone here would say no.
Define "good" first. MPG, handling, stick/auto, ease of parking, etc.
Or go drive one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. You come to an RSX forum to ask if the RSX is "good"... I seriously doubt anyone here would say no.
Define "good" first. MPG, handling, stick/auto, ease of parking, etc.
Or go drive one.
To be fair if someone asked me if the RSX is good for someone that regularly would need to use back seats I'd say no go get a sedan. It's not good for snowy regions in winter time (reason why I have a truck with 4WD), not good if MPG is all you care for, not good if you live in a city and plan to park it on the street, etc. Its good for if you want to enjoy driving and having fun.

·
Registered
241 Posts
To be fair if someone asked me if the RSX is good for someone that regularly would need to use back seats I'd say no go get a sedan. It's not good for snowy regions in winter time (reason why I have a truck with 4WD), not good if MPG is all you care for, not good if you live in a city and plan to park it on the street, etc. Its good for if you want to enjoy driving and having fun.
You have a point there, but "good" is such a generic term. It can mean completely different things to people. If asked if this car was good for drifting in the snow, or good for anyone over 6' tall, I would certainly say no.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You have a point there, but "good" is such a generic term. It can mean completely different things to people. If asked if this car was good for drifting in the snow, or good for anyone over 6' tall, I would certainly say no.
I would say my truck isn't good for city driving as its a truck with an 8ft bed. Certain cars are shit for city driving.

Anything with the following is bad for city driving on an everyday basis:
-highly expensive (easy to get side swiped or dinged up)
-anything with low ground clearance (trash, potholes, construction plates, etc)
-anything without a security system of some degree (obvious reason)
-anything bigger than a CRV/Rav4 (turning, parking, roof clear in garages)
-anything smaller than a civic/RSX (hard for people to see you in mirrors)
-anything stick (leg workout, hill starts in tight traffic, etc)
-anything with shitty mpg (not easy to get gas in the city)

Think that covers everything

·
R.I.P. '02 RSX (Sold)
1,744 Posts
if it's a manual and you live it a crowded city, personally no.

i live in a small tourist town and i find it a pain sometimes to drive just to the store. with the constant stop sign, cyclist and street walkers. i find it a very reliable traveling car though. good comfort, spacious for luggage and great mileage. but everyone has their own opinions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts