Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My car is 2002 base model, this is my first manual car, driving it since last October.

When I decelerating like say to a red signal in 2nd gear. I step on the brake gradually and notice when the engine is slowing down to around 900-1000 rpm, it will stuck a little bit and the car will jerk forward. This is annoying and make me pushing down the clutch earlier like 1100 rpm to avoid it. This happen on every gear including neutral so it seems that is a engine issue.

I have get the throttle body cleaned, replaced the air filter and it still behave the same, was thinking is that a bad sensor(MAP?) or related to the IACV. But the car idle pretty well without any vibration.

I took a video to show this, when the car is parked, Handbrake on and in neutral.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrWaK0zfzZ0

Anyone here suffer from the same problem, or is this actually normal to our car?:confused:

Thanks.

·
CRSX Seen better days
22,288 Posts
Hello everyone,

My car is 2002 base model, this is my first manual car, driving it since last October.

When I decelerating like say to a red signal in 2nd gear. I step on the brake gradually and notice when the engine is slowing down to around 900-1000 rpm, it will stuck a little bit and the car will jerk forward. This is annoying and make me pushing down the clutch earlier like 1100 rpm to avoid it. This happen on every gear including neutral so it seems that is a engine issue.

I have get the throttle body cleaned, replaced the air filter and it still behave the same, was thinking is that a bad sensor(MAP?) or related to the IACV. But the car idle pretty well without any vibration.

I took a video to show this, when the car is parked, Handbrake on and in neutral.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrWaK0zfzZ0

Anyone here suffer from the same problem, or is this actually normal to our car?:confused:

Thanks.
If I was in your position I wouldnt worry about it. As long as the rpms doesnt drop low and almost stalls then I think youre fine. It seems that the rpms catch it self and controls it so it doesnt stall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.