Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, This will be my first post. Backstory: I bought a rust free 2002 EP3 k20z3 swapped motor with the 6spd LSD, from a 2008 Civic Si, for $4300. Nothing really wrong with it,... needs a wheel bearing, but that's besides the point. The issue is the ECU. I believe (based on previous owners word) that it's running with a DC5 PRC (Type-R) (Has reverse lockout with the 6spd, and the immobilizer is not active) My problem is going to be passing emissions (OBD2) Since the ECU itself is JDM, it wont register on US OBD2 scanners. (This has been tested) I'm really hoping i don't have to go KPro as i don't really have the funds to do so at the moment. I assume since the ECU is JDM the harness would have to match/be similar. The big question is: Is there a USDM ECU that can "plug and play" at least for emissions sake? Or will I HAVE to kpro? Any help would be much appreciated. Can update with pics of ECU when I get home in about an hour and a half.

Despite its strange issues, I still stand by my purchase.

Footnote: I love that Inca/Euro Yellow Pearl color. :love

Thanks to anyone who helps out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't think I can delete a thread. I'm just going to end it with what I found out. The ecu is in fact a DC5 PRC non kpro. I contacted the shop that did the swap and most, if not all of the under-hood work. My best bet is going to be to obtain a DC5 PRB from an 02-04 Type S RSX and KPro it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well I just pasted my emissions (obd2) last week, with a PRD (EP3 JDM Type R) ecu. This is the same ecu as the PRC (DC5 JDM Type R).

This is the second time I have pasted with this ECU, even though a few areas read not ready, it passes in the Ministries system? Go try the etest and report back.

·
Banned
35 Posts
I'm really hoping i don't have to go KPro as i don't really have the funds to do so at the moment. I assume since the ECU is JDM the harness would have to match/be similar. The big question is: Is there a USDM ECU that can "plug and play" at least for emissions sake? Or will I HAVE to kpro? Any help would be much appreciated. Can update with pics of ECU when I get home in about an hour and a half. Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts