Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I’ve been having an on going problem with a cylinder 4 misfire. I’ll start from the top, in the beginning all four cylinders were misfiring, so I changed out all the spark plugs coil packs and cleaned the throttle body out along with the components connected to the throttle body( IACV, etc) I also ran Seafoam through the gas tank and have been putting 91 octane gas in it since I got the car. After that clylinder 1,2, and 3 stop misfiring but cylinder 4 misfire still came on the cel light. So I decided to change the fuel injectors, cel light went off for the day came back on the next day. Then I decided to change the pcv and check for vacuum leaks using carb cleaner, I sprayed all the lines and hoses. Couldn’t find any leaks and cel light is still on. The misfire only happens when I’m at a still idle, it runs rough, some days better than others, when I’m driving I don’t notice any misfire what so ever! I’m about exhausted any idea of what it could be, any thoughts or comments would be a huge help! I appreciate it, have a good one!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update after running a compression test with my friend we discover the compression on all cylinders around 150. He told me that the map sensor is mostly bad, I’m going to replace it tomorrow and hopefully this will solve my problem. Also he ran other diagnostic test and found out that the catalytic convert is still good, and also my engine is misfiring in cylinderer 2 and 4. I’ll keep you posted on what happens after I change the map sensor!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.