Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay heres my story.

My name is Harry and i drive an automatic 2000 honda prelude. I have had the car for over 5 years now and still only have under 40,000 miles on it. Only mods i have are an aem v2 intake, tanabe gf210 lowering springs, aem tru-power pulleys, and nology hotwire spark plug wires. I love the car a lot besides the fact it is an automatic, which i never do drive in fully auto anyway since i abuse the crap out of the sportshift, and still no tranny problems-which auto preludes are notorious for.

My dad bought the car for me when i was about 15-16 years old, and now he found a 2003 acura rsx, base not type-s. He wants me to go check it out and see what i think. It only has 11,000 miles!

My question to you at clubrsx.com, would this be an upgrade over my prelude. What would be the pros and cons of, in a sense, trading the prelude for the rsx?

I do understand the loyalty needed in the forum-since i am a member at socalprelude.com- but i really hope to get some serious answers out of this post.

Thanks!

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
Is the RSX a standard, or an auto?

A boosted base could be fun...

·
she loves it
36,225 Posts
then definately don't bother with it. you won't feel a night and day difference, and you will for sure regret getting stuck with another automatic.

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
I'd keep the Lude. Base auto isn't really worth the trade unless you just like the styling of the RSX a lot better.

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
I like the rsx more. Better styling, and alot nicer of interior. I have an auto rsx, and at 131,000 miles, it still drives well. Hopefully soon, ill be able to afford some good mods to make it as fast as a type s, without spending the same.

But I digress. Its your call. If you like the rsx more, then go for it. The power wont be much more though, as a stock car at least.

·
Awww Yeah...
4,217 Posts
If the lude is still in good condition then I'd keep it. Wait for something that would be an even bigger upgrade, performance wise.

·
ArmenianCRSX Crew Founder
3,818 Posts
I like the rsx more. Better styling, and alot nicer of interior. I have an auto rsx, and at 131,000 miles, it still drives well. Hopefully soon, ill be able to afford some good mods to make it as fast as a type s, without spending the same.

But I digress. Its your call. If you like the rsx more, then go for it. The power wont be much more though, as a stock car at least.
Not bashing or starting anything but a base with i/rh/e/kpro is slower than a stock type-s, we're taking over a 40hp diff @ flywheel...boltons arent going to give you 40hp+ And you mention you have an auto, if i recall right, hondata was having problems with kpro on the automatics, but i think st00pid got it work or something, don't quote me on it. But to the threadstarters question, i wouldn't really trade it or get rid of yours for it unless its a an S or atleast a 5sp rsx. No point from going auto to auto IMO.

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
A buddy of mine had a 2000 Civic coupe auto and upgraded to a 2005 Type-S brand new. He drove an auto RSX a couple weeks ago and said it was just like his Civic. He wasn't impressed at all.

Automagic for another automagic... Don't do it.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
If the lude is still in good condition then I'd keep it. Wait for something that would be an even bigger upgrade, performance wise.
agreed

·
Need Something 2 wheeled
67 Posts
i would also keep the prelude over getting a base no matter if its a stick or a automatic IMHO i like the styling of the prelude over the RSX. NICE preludes are just getting very hard to find these days.

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
preludes are nice, but heavy but not worth a trade for a base

·
Registered
308 Posts
11,000 Miles on an 03 kinda worries me about if while it was stored it was taken care of.I have to frequently yell at my dad to turn on his corvette in the winter and that thing is a 99 with about 20k miles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts