Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this RSX. Normally I would have stayed away from a car with this many miles BUT...The whole thing was so clean, and the trans felt really firm. Interior is nearly mint and the previous owner put in custom fit floor pans so the carpet is pristine. The oaf who drove it for delivery smoked in it and tried to ash out the sunroof leaving a small burn spot on the lip.....errrrr!!!!.....but after I bombed it with the windows up and drove around all day with the windows down, it smells great. Ive heard some discouraging things about the trans in 3 and 5th, that it likes to wear out..but this is tight and it's wholly unmodified with the original engine in it. The only complaint I have is the paint on the roof is sun faded but Im just going to take it to the shop and have them paint it for me. Out side of that, Im in love with this car, I hardly ever rev past 4k and the 6th gear is great for these long stretches of road we have in Houston. If I could have a wish it would be to have a 7th touring gear since the engine basically idles at 30mph. Ive done my own fuel test and Im still getting around 30+ mpg on the highway. Also.....Ive heard the car doesnt exactly have stellar pick up at lower rpms....BS. I put my foot down and we're glued to the seats...it's like a Supra and a Porsche had a baby... Someone tell me why Honda quit making these????
DSC_0220.jpg DSC_0223.jpg DSC_0218.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great.
Thanks...Sooooo.....The crankcase was dry....the tail is ultra sooty.....Im praying I didnt buy a headache but im also finding out that these engines consume a lot of oil.Ill change out the pcv and switch to a high mileage oil and hope that curbs it a bit. Ive read where even a ring job doesnt help...can anyone part some wisdom on this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts