Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Acura Base
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently bought a Rsx Automatic & I noticed the motor mounts were done so I got some Hardrace motor mounts but they were originally from a Type S & I was wondering if they would still work on my car model. Thanks for your time guys very appreciated! (i’ve done some research and i’m still confused on this topic)

·
Registered
not very much faster than an FRS
153 Posts
The front mount is different between the automatic and the manual transmission. I believe the other three are the same, at least the side ones are.

·
Registered
2006 Acura Base
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front mount is different between the automatic and the manual transmission. I believe the other three are the same, at least the side ones are.
Honestly I didn’t think someone would reply, thank you for your words very appreciated 🙏🏽.

·
Registered
51 Posts
if i recall correctly the one or two of the transmission mounts is/are different from those of type s because of the different transmission. btw i have some stock ones for auto if you're interested, used but works fine

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
99% sure the only mount that is interchangeable between auto and manual is the passenger mount. A quick look on an Acura parts site will tell you for sure.

·
Registered
not very much faster than an FRS
153 Posts
It'll be loud too. I had one solid steel (no rubber or poly at all) motor mount for a while and it was unbelievably loud inside the cabin. Almost as loud as having no exhaust.

·
Registered
2006 DC5 Base Auto
3 Posts
99% sure the only mount that is interchangeable between auto and manual is the passenger mount. A quick look on an Acura parts site will tell you for sure.
My car is the right hand drive DC5, based auto. Just changed my engine mount last month. Yes, double confirm that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I recently bought a Rsx Automatic & I noticed the motor mounts were done so I got some Hardrace motor mounts but they were originally from a Type S & I was wondering if they would still work on my car model. Thanks for your time guys very appreciated! (i’ve done some research and i’m still confused on this topic)
I bought some cheep ones from Amazon and thought they would be good enough but that was the problem I thought about it, turns out they are 70a and Man o Man am i sorry I did that My car Vibrates worse than I can handle ' So far Ive changed [he Serpentine belt ,Tensioner and my dumb ass stripped the bolt on ,my Power steering unit and to finally figure out i got thev wrong mounts and Im an old school kinda guy that thought aa mount is a mount well sadly its going to take some more cash to fix it , also im Praying it is the problem with my idle and shifting problem , it wont down shift properly or idle smooth but i also noticed a little bit of discoloring in my Throtle body so im gonna clean it up and see if my TPS is cool and maybe a new cable . ANY Feedback would be takin to heart because i really enjoy this car It is My Toy 2005 RSX Base 2.0 4cyl DOHC and i wanna bring her back to specs I got it for a decent price with 208 k on it and now its got 224k ;;; Thanks for the add !!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts