Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006 BOM RSX-S with K20/24

New York 
4K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  BOMrsxS 
#1 · (Edited)
The time has come to put this bitch up for sale. I don't drive it anymore, its been sitting in my garage since July 2015. I take it for a spin once a week/every other week to keep the fluids circulating, the gas from going stale, and to prevent flat spots developing in the tires. I really hate to see it go but it is just going to waste in my garage. I prefer to sell it to someone who is not going to let it go to shit or rice it out. I would also prefer not to sell it too locally to me because it'll break my fucking heart if I see it out on the streets haha.

Motor was built and tuned by Derek Robinson of Innovative Motorworks, it made 264/200.

SOLD!!!!!!

Head:
-K20z1 head, stock port
-Custom ASP SRI, puts the filter behind the driver side headlight. I do still have the stock airbox as well.
-RBC
-RDX 410cc injectors
-Kelford DIC
-Supertech flatface valves
-Civic SI upper timing chain guide(longer than the RSX)

Block:
-K24a1
-2009+ TSX OS pistons(11.0:1)
-TSX rods
-Balanced Crank
-RSX Oil pump with spring mod
-Oil cooler was retained from the K20z1
-New Honda chain, tensioner, and guides were installed when the motor was built as well as Honda bearings.
-Hardrace Motor mounts

Exhaust:
-SSR K24 race header. A real header made for a K24, not a K20 header hoping to fit on a K24.
-Stock mid pipe with ITR muffler(yes, the car made that power on a stock exhaust)

Transmission:
K20z1
-Quaife LSD
-TSX 6th gear
-Authenic ITR flywheel
-Clutchnet sprung kevlar disk with Yellow Pressure Plate
-MTEC Race Springs

The transmission was serviced by IMW literally a month before I stopped driving the car full time. All new 3rd and 4th gearsets were installed along with all new synchros. This is also when the clutch and flywheel were installed. There might have been some other stuff as well, I'd have to go back and look at the paperwork for sure. The tranny is basically new inside.

Suspension:
-Koni Yellow shocks paired with Acura ASPEC springs
-SPC rear camber kit
-Progress rear sway bar
-Megan C pillar bar
-Blox rigid collar subframe kit
-Brembo blank rotors and Akebono pads were installed about a month before the car started to sit as well.

Exterior:
-ASPEC sides and rear lip
-ITR front lip

Interior:
-Stock leather seats are in the car now but I do have ITR Recaro front seats, black with red stitching, that will be extra $$
-Civic EP3 red stitched steering wheel
-Acura RSX all weather mats and trunk tray

Other shit:
-KPRO, will come with my dyno tune from IMW
-Electronic Power Steering
-6k HID kit
-Odyssey PC600 battery with the Password:JDM relocator kit. I think I still have the stock battery tray and mounting parts which will be included but I do not have a stock/full size battery

Miscellaneous work:
-Acura 80k service was completed by Derek of IMW while he had the car for the transmission work.
-New primary O2 and IACV were recently installed.
-New tail light gaskets were installed.

-The only thing that is mechanically wrong with the car is the horn stopped working. In all honesty I never figured out what it was. I do know it has nothing to do with the horn pressure plates in the steering wheel and it is not the fuse. It could be as simple as swapping in a new horn.
-I don't smoke nor have I ever let anyone else smoke while in the car.
-It has ever been in an accident, though there is a ding above the driver side rear wheel well.
-There is no rust
-The paint could use a good detail.

Dyno with SSR K20 header

Dyno after swapped to SSR K24 header and a retune with comparison to the previous graph
Solid graph is the K24 header, dotted graph is the K20 header

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.