Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I live in NYC and the pot hole conditions are very dramatic especially driving through the boroughs streets and no so much the highways and some neighborhoods. Everyone knows our race suspension is tight......New york is terrible.

Through my ownership of this RSX...soon to be two years of having my 2006 RSX the little PRONGS/CLIPS that hold the cargo cover in place on the hatch have busted off. Unfortunately does anyone have any suggestions or replacements that I could use maybe at the hardware store or Straussee/pepboys that may solve this problem? :dontknow:

anyone else solve this in the DIY? or have new ideas?

PS:
Provide professional replacement suggestions please. I will not jam pens or pencils....drinking straws, etc in the cover to hold it in place. A "Ghetto fix" are simply unacceptable on the thread and I want this to be a reference page since New York is hitting its worst era for pot holes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
11 years later and there isn't even a youtube video on how that trunk cover thing works. I have the cover, it seems to be missing...stuff? who knows? Any guys have a fully intact trunk cover situation and would like to share a vid or pics on how it is all works?

·
Super Moderator
2,035 Posts
11 years later and there isn't even a youtube video on how that trunk cover thing works. I have the cover, it seems to be missing...stuff? who knows? Any guys have a fully intact trunk cover situation and would like to share a vid or pics on how it is all works?
What exactly are you struggling with? The cover is a single piece.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What exactly are you struggling with? The cover is a single piece.
So, I figured out my issue. The 2 plastic "pegs" (that insert towards the bottom of the rear window) are both broken off. Someone attempted to JB weld them back on, didn't work as it probably was done poorly & car plastics are a pain to adhere to.
I have some adhesive that works on PE plastic and will likely try that with some sort of reinforcement material.
Anyone have some other ideas/experiences for successful repair. It ain't gotta be pretty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts