Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what’s up everybody I been having issues with my steering pulling to the right side even after alignment, also every time I hit a small bump on the freeway or a speed reducer the steering pulls very hard and quick to the side, I have new
Bushing on my LCA, new tie roads, almost new ball joints has port engine mounts and I have read here in club rsx it could be pretty much my rack and pinion now my question is, can I install a 02-04 Rsx-Rsx-s rack and pinion on my 06? Or it has to be the the one for the 2006? Thanks

·
WILDCARD!
1,496 Posts
Hey what’s up everybody I been having issues with my steering pulling to the right side even after alignment, also every time I hit a small bump on the freeway or a speed reducer the steering pulls very hard and quick to the side, I have new
Bushing on my LCA, new tie roads, almost new ball joints has port engine mounts and I have read here in club rsx it could be pretty much my rack and pinion now my question is, can I install a 02-04 Rsx-Rsx-s rack and pinion on my 06? Or it has to be the the one for the 2006? Thanks
What tie rods and rod ends do you have? Stock or aftermarket? And how much are you lowered, if any?

I would look at your suspension geometry before ripping out the whole steering rack. If you're lowered a good amount on stock tie rod ends, your tie rods are likely angled upwards. That's not an ideal situation. It wears out the rack faster (so maybe you DO need to replace it, I don't know), and it makes the RSX's already present bump steer worse. Inverted tie rod ends will fix that. There used to be a guy here who sold them for fairly cheap, but he's long gone at this point. Your options are T1R (at about $200), HardRace (at about $175), K-Tuned (about $300 because you're replacing the entire tie rod assembly) or take your chances inverting the factory tie rod ends or Moog ends.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It’s possible that you have a bent wheel even after an alignment. Checking axial and radial runout will just about let you know if this is the issue. Also the steering pull after a bump is probably coming from bump steer. SHG sells a harder rack slider that helps with this issue. I’ll be installing mine along with Mugen steering rack bushings somewhere in this month.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What tie rods and rod ends do you have? Stock or aftermarket? And how much are you lowered, if any?

I would look at your suspension geometry before ripping out the whole steering rack. If you're lowered a good amount on stock tie rod ends, your tie rods are likely angled upwards. That's not an ideal situation. It wears out the rack faster (so maybe you DO need to replace it, I don't know), and it makes the RSX's already present bump steer worse. Inverted tie rod ends will fix that. There used to be a guy here who sold them for fairly cheap, but he's long gone at this point. Your options are T1R (at about $200), HardRace (at about $175), K-Tuned (about $300 because you're replacing the entire tie rod assembly) or take your chances inverting the factory tie rod ends or Moog ends.
With that suspension and steering geometry in mind, depending if he is lowered he may want to get roll center adjusters as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The 02-04 base/ S are not compatible with the 05-06 base/ S. Get your respective year and model. The return and pressure lines are larger on the 2005-2006 S due to the last year revisions to the suspension and rack& pinion.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The 02-04 base/ S are not compatible with the 05-06 base/ S. Get your respective year and model. The return and pressure lines are larger on the 2005-2006 S due to the last year revisions to the suspension and rack& pinion.
Correcto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts