Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thank you. Yeah, it was interesting for sure, and it serves as a learning experience for me.

I think the combination of his age (mid to late 50s), and his 2016 Porsche fooled me into thinking he was going to have the money to buy my car as his "reliable work beater".
He was probably test driving the porsche...two birds one stone. : wes2:

·
typespilot
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Guy was in his 50s? Driving an RSX might hurt his image. He needs another Porsche as a "reliable work beater" lol. I can't image the $$$ for repairs and up-keep on that thing. Just curious what was he offering?
I would rock one of these in my 50's!

Actually, I will probably step up to a Corvette at that age and leave the beater duties to an AWD vehicle.

I really like the CR-V for the comfort, practicality, and the best attribute is that I do not have any desire to modify it! (Unlike buying a Subaru or Jeep)

I won't disclose his offer, but it was a couple thousand off the listing price.

It was a total waste of time.

·
typespilot
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
He was probably test driving the porsche...two birds one stone. : wes2:
Even if he didn't own that Porsche....I think it's tacky to arrive in a $60k car to obtain a certain "image" and then low ball them!

I will say the world is full of all sorts of different people, and that is one I am glad I did not sell my car to!

·
typespilot
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well the last 10 days I have had more text messages, emails, and calls than I care to count!

I could not keep up with the inquiries on this vehicle...not a bad thing if your a seller.

I have no clue as to why my car drew such booming interest this past week after being on Autotrader, Craigslist, and Cars.com for a couple months.

I had multiple potential buyers that wanted to see the car this past weekend, and unfortunately for me I was stuck working in the hospital.

I planned on meeting two people today and a few more later this week..

The first person I met this morning already had cash in hand and was ok with my asking price. The first person not to low ball me!

He already knew that this car was probably the cleanest 1 owner 06 type S in the midwest.

He took a test drive with his wife and it was a done deal....

I am already sad to let go of something I have so much history with.....

09/2005 through 08/2017.......

It was a good ride and one of the best vehicles I have ever driven in my 21 years of driving experience.

I am happy it went to an older local couple that appreciate it and will take good care of it.

Well I guess its time to focus on the s2000 now.....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.