Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up guys! New to the forums and I wanted to get some information from you guys before I buy parts preparing to go turbo. My goal is a fun daily pushing about 300whp. I've done extensive research on what parts I need to go turbo, so let's start. Hate me but I will be buying an EMUSA (ebay) kit and upgrade parts along the way. The kit seems to have everything so let's leave it at that. Now regarding the fuel system, I will be going with some grams 750cc injectors and upgrading to a walboro 255lph. Some people are telling me that there's no need to go with a walboro 255lph unless im gonna be pushing 350whp or more, but not sure. I am also going to be upgrading my clutch with a CC stage 4 clutch. Feel free to chime in on what other parts I might need or im missing to build a turbo RSX, thanks!

·
Registered
686 Posts
You do not need to upgrade your fuel pump. I ran a greddy kit with over 300 HP on the stock fuel pump for many years with no problems. I also had 650cc injectors. To hit over 300 I suggest a 3 inch exhaust with no cat. You also might want to get at least a manual boost controller also. G/L

·
:)
15,518 Posts
Just buy my car and call it a day!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have never put a turbo on a car before. The most intense project I had done was putting coilovers on the car.
That said, I pieced together the turbo kit myself and bought parts as needed.
If you were to do it, I would recommend buying a beater car to drive around while your RSX sits in the garage if you are to turbo it. It will take longer than snaptube vidmate expected, but it will absolutely be worth it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can tell you what “supporting parts” i have. I’m going for however much i can make without the clutch slipping or the pump maxing out. I’ve got Deatchwerks fuel system minus the walboro 255. 1000cc’s DW-1000-r regulator feed and return to the stock tank. I’ve got a shit ton of parts lol what comes with the kit and i can help?

And plan to change motor mounts to at least some 60a solid mounts. The stock mounts are complete shit. I’ve torn every one at least twice just on a bolt on tuned k20 @ 216hp lol

KPRO is an absolute MUST have!

I have the CM stage 4 in mine and it “says” the clutch will hold 350ft lbs of tq so we will see about that soon enough. I just finished my build. It’s getting tuned this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
You do not need to upgrade your fuel pump. I ran a greddy kit with over 300 HP on the stock fuel pump for many years with no problems. I also had 650cc injectors. To hit over 300 I suggest a 3 inch exhaust with no cat. You also might want to get at least a manual boost controller also. G/L
same on my first rsx lol those greddy kits are literally the business for daily driven cars

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have never put a turbo on a car before. The most intense project I had done was putting coilovers on the car.
That said, I pieced together the turbo kit myself and bought parts as needed.
If you were to do it, I would recommend buying a beater car to drive around while your RSX sits in the garage if you are to turbo it. It will take longer than snaptube vidmate expected, but it will absolutely be worth it.
I pieced mine all together before i tore it down. But with my procrastination skills it took me a little over 3 months to finish. With all the parts sitting here. Lol i should get an award for the dopest procrastinator. Haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts