Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 2006 RSX Type S. Mileage is 116k. Completely original, no mods. I am the original owner.

Runs as strong S the day I bought it. Everything works including A/C, disc player, radio and cassette player. Tires have about 10K on them. Changed oil religiously every 3K miles. Brake discs and pads changed about 20K miles ago, still work great. Incredibly even the exhaust including the muffler is original.

In short, this daily driver is in what most people would characterize as very good condition. There are a few minor cosmetic issues with the body, but most people agree this is still a great looking car, and are surprised that it is 15 years old. Paint still looks great although it has faded a bit on the roof and the trunk lid since I retired l to Florida from Chicago five years ago. There is one “less than a dime size” spot of rust coming through from the inside on the edge of the left front wheel well that no one notices but me. There’s a small scrape on the right front just before the wheel well. Occasionally the body panels on the right front and tight rear pop out slightly but a quick whack usually pops them back into place.

I removed the front spoiler when it got damaged by a parking block, but to be honest I think the car looks better without it. Other then a small, barely noticeable dent on the top of the right rear fender (I have no idea how that got there) and the usual stone nicks on the lower front panel, and unavoidable parking lot door nicks there is nothing else to speak of. The driver’s leather seat has some minor wear you’d expect after 15 years but the rest of the leather looks like it did when I bought the car.

I have enjoyed this car so much I had actually considered keeping it, and turning it over to a body shop to have the minor body imperfections fixed. As long as I was doing that it seemed to make sense to get a quote to paint the entire car. But when the quotes started getting north of $10K I decided it simply wasn’t worth spending that kind of money on a 15 year old car with 116,000 mikes.

Of all the cars I have owned, including three Corvettes (1960, 1966 and 1994), MGB, Austin-Healey Sprite, Triumph TR-3, small-block ‘68 Chevy Malibu and a Toyota MR2, this is one of my all-time favorites. (Though the ‘66 Vette, the ‘60 Triumph and the ‘87 MR2 tank right up there as fun drives.)

I will be selling my RSX as soon as I can get my hands on one of the new Toyota GR 86s. But no telling when that will happen with the supply chain all messed up. The dealers tell me they have no idea when they’ll get one in. Hopefully this will happen no later than July. In the meantime I have no problem keeping my RSX. For sure I have no intention of paying a premium for the GR86. If I have to wait to July to pay the listed sticker price so be it. I haven’t decided on what I want for my RSX yet but from what I am seeing lately I am pretty sure we’re talking at least $9K.

My RSX and I reside in Bonita Springs Florida.

·
Registered
2002 RSX Type-S (99%Stock)
33 Posts
That's a nice car!

Let me be the first asshole low-baller at an offer of 1000$.... canadian lol

Just kidding, I'm sure you'll get what you want for it. All OEM and working well? That's rare for these cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my 2006 RSX Type S. Mileage is 116k. Completely original, no mods. I am the original owner.

Runs as strong S the day I bought it. Everything works including A/C, disc player, radio and cassette player. Tires have about 10K on them. Changed oil religiously every 3K miles. Brake discs and pads changed about 20K miles ago, still work great. Incredibly even the exhaust including the muffler is original.

In short, this daily driver is in what most people would characterize as very good condition. There are a few minor cosmetic issues with the body, but most people agree this is still a great looking car, and are surprised that it is 15 years old. Paint still looks great although it has faded a bit on the roof and the trunk lid since I retired l to Florida from Chicago five years ago. There is one “less than a dime size” spot of rust coming through from the inside on the edge of the left front wheel well that no one notices but me. There’s a small scrape on the right front just before the wheel well. Occasionally the body panels on the right front and tight rear pop out slightly but a quick whack usually pops them back into place.

I removed the front spoiler when it got damaged by a parking block, but to be honest I think the car looks better without it. Other then a small, barely noticeable dent on the top of the right rear fender (I have no idea how that got there) and the usual stone nicks on the lower front panel, and unavoidable parking lot door nicks there is nothing else to speak of. The driver’s leather seat has some minor wear you’d expect after 15 years but the rest of the leather looks like it did when I bought the car.

I have enjoyed this car so much I had actually considered keeping it, and turning it over to a body shop to have the minor body imperfections fixed. As long as I was doing that it seemed to make sense to get a quote to paint the entire car. But when the quotes started getting north of $10K I decided it simply wasn’t worth spending that kind of money on a 15 year old car with 116,000 mikes.

Of all the cars I have owned, including three Corvettes (1960, 1966 and 1994), MGB, Austin-Healey Sprite, Triumph TR-3, small-block ‘68 Chevy Malibu and a Toyota MR2, this is one of my all-time favorites. (Though the ‘66 Vette, the ‘60 Triumph and the ‘87 MR2 tank right up there as fun drives.)

I will be selling my RSX as soon as I can get my hands on one of the new Toyota GR 86s. But no telling when that will happen with the supply chain all messed up. The dealers tell me they have no idea when they’ll get one in. Hopefully this will happen no later than July. In the meantime I have no problem keeping my RSX. For sure I have no intention of paying a premium for the GR86. If I have to wait to July to pay the listed sticker price so be it. I haven’t decided on what I want for my RSX yet but from what I am seeing lately I am pretty sure we’re talking at least $9K.

My RSX and I reside in Bonita Springs Florida.

View attachment 569513

View attachment 569514

View attachment 569515

View attachment 569517

View attachment 569518

View attachment 569519
Do you still have this car and are you still willing to part with it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts