Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so i got a new battery and a new starter for my girlfriends car , so it went from a no crank , no start to a crank and a sputter and it wont even turn on now . But how ever yesterday when i put the new starter in it turned on fine and i was able to drive it home . And all of a sudden today it doesnt want to turn over at all it just cranks and sputters

·
Registered
5 Posts
What have u done so far diagnosticaly speaking any codes ? Run the basics air fuel spark
Check airway resitriction if its clear check fuel pressure then check for spark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What have u done so far diagnosticaly speaking any codes ? Run the basics air fuel spark
Check airway resitriction if its clear check fuel pressure then check for spark
Ive checked all of that im guessing that something is draining my battery because when i crank it , it sounds like a dead battery

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Check your battery with a multimeter and pull fuses until you find the circuit that’s drawing power. Do you have any aftermarket electrical accessories installed? Sub, HIDS, etc.

A bad ground connection could be the culprit as well. The starter motor could be drawing all of the current. A bad ground could also prevent the alternator from charging the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your battery with a multimeter and pull fuses until you find the circuit that’s drawing power. Do you have any aftermarket electrical accessories installed? Sub, HIDS, etc.

A bad ground connection could be the culprit as well. The starter motor could be drawing all of the current. A bad ground could also prevent the alternator from charging the battery.
I have a viper alarm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys so i got a new battery and a new starter for my girlfriends car , so it went from a no crank , no start to a crank and a sputter and it wont even turn on now . But how ever yesterday when i put the new starter in it turned on fine and i was able to drive it home . And all of a sudden today it doesnt want to turn over at all it just cranks and sputters
Check it with odb2. It possible the fuel pump. Too find out spray starting fluid into intake while starting. If it not it.,then check coils pack and controller. Bad crank position sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts