Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into a car accident the other day. My front end got the worst of it. I drove it home after the accident. But I was wondering is it fixable should I fix it it’s my only car. Here goes the pic I haven’t really gotten around to actually see what all been damaged yet just took pics. Taken it to a shop tomorrow morning to get an estimate of damage

·
Premium Member
145,086,203 Posts
With that rail end being pushed that far over there is likely damaged to the core support and fender apron.. not sure how many miles are on your car but this may be a total.. With a hood, hinges, bumper and fenders, core support, rad, ac condenser both headlamps and who knows what else, you're likely looking at a 7-10k job, those lights alone are really pricey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got into a car accident the other day. My front end got the worst of it. I drove it home after the accident. But I was wondering is it fixable should I fix it it’s my only car. Here goes the pic I haven’t really gotten around to actually see what all been damaged yet just took pics. Taken it to a shop tomorrow morning to get an estimate of damage View attachment 567497 View attachment 567498

·
WILDCARD!
1,290 Posts
Not trying to make you feel unwelcome here, but I'm not sure why you're asking us what you should do before you've got a repair estimate in your hands. The estimate will tell you whether the car is totaled or not, and then you can go from there depending on what you've got for insurance and how much you like the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah thanks. As we speaking I’m going to a shop now to get an estimate. I just never got into an accident an didn’t know where to go or do. An I really do like my car.

·
WILDCARD!
1,290 Posts
Yeah thanks. As we speaking I’m going to a shop now to get an estimate. I just never got into an accident an didn’t know where to go or do. An I really do like my car.
Yeah, you'll just have to see what they say. Do you have full coverage insurance or liability only?

·
Premium Member
145,086,203 Posts
No such thing as full coverage insurance my son..

With that many miles though, this is probably a total loss. I've been in the industry a long time and this will be a very costly repair to do it correctly

·
WILDCARD!
1,290 Posts
No such thing as full coverage insurance my son..

With that many miles though, this is probably a total loss. I've been in the industry a long time and this will be a very costly repair to do it correctly
Father, I don't know what terminology they use in the The Land Down Under, but here in 'Merica, "full coverage" is used to describe insurance plans that add collision and comprehensive on top of PLPD.

·
Premium Member
145,086,203 Posts
😂 😂 😂

Better than hitting a 'roo on your way to put some shrimps on the bahbee

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got into a car accident the other day. My front end got the worst of it. I drove it home after the accident. But I was wondering is it fixable should I fix it it’s my only car. Here goes the pic I haven’t really gotten around to actually see what all been damaged yet just took pics. Taken it to a shop tomorrow morning to get an estimate of damage View attachment 567497 View attachment 567498
I bought my dc5 with a salvaged title. It was in a front end collision the insurance declared it a total lost. But it was quote on quote “repaired” new after market hood fenders and front bumper the whole front end was painted to closest matching paint. The front end came out pretty good actually you could tell if i told you that it was crashed other than that the body is in great condition. But mechanical not so good. The guy I bought it from forgot to mention it needed alot of small tlc. So far ive had to replace oil pan gasket head gasket vtec solenoid gasket swaybar bushing lc bushings. Omg those lc bushing pain in the ass. Plus camber, toe inn problems alignment spark plugs and 02 sensors. And Hood latch. Little by little it is getting there. i hope to one day go turno on it. I purchased it for 4000 same day i got it transmission goes bad the ass hole who sold it to me somehow plugged the hole the on the tranny had. I had to get a tow. The tow truck driver had pointed it out to me plus subframe has. Hole in it as well.

·
Registered
not very much faster than an FRS
121 Posts
I purchased it for 4000
I hope you typed an extra zero in there by accident
My car is in better shape than that and I've spent about 4k on it total including purchase price, and that's after wrecking it. If I could sell it for 4k I'd be overjoyed
You poor fool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts