Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Rawwrrr!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know more/up-to-date details on these? I like split five spoke :love:

The Enkei PF01 is one of two new Racing Series wheels added to Enkei’s 2010 wheel line up. Utilizing Enkei’s MAT flow-forming technology, the PF01 is designed to be an ultra light-weight wheel. The PF01 is engineered to exceed the RPF1’s weight benefit, taking Enkei’s light-weight racing wheel line to the next level.

Responding to popular demand, the PF01 offers a wide variety of applications including 15×8 and 18×10.5. This wheel also has a large brake caliper clearance to meet car enthusiasts’ needs.

PF01’s split five-spoke design represents its lightness and sporty feel. The subtle edge on the side of the spokes add a unique dimensional accent to its design. Our unique roulette-pattern is grooved on the rim to reduce the slippage ratio between tire and rim. The roulette-pattern maintains the best condition of the wheel and tire assembly, thus, achieving the highest performance during extreme acceleration and deceleration. The ENKEI PF01 will be available winter 2009/2010.

·
Rawwrrr!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rota torque knock-offs
Split five spoke is a pretty standard form to give a wheel. I'd have a hard time calling a generic style split five a knockoff. It'd be like walking into the supermarket, seeing an apple and saying 'That's totally a knockoff, I ate one just like it this morning from a different orchard'.

Anyway, I think Enkei put about eleventy times the engineering effort into these particular itterations of the split five spoke wheel than did Rota.

·
Rawwrrr!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Hafa!?
1,238 Posts
Nice alternative to Emotion CRKais...I like em because they look almost identical to my ITR wheels, Emotions do too but I think these do a slightly better job, but I would get these to get a slightly wider wheel(17x8) where as ITRs only come in 17x7

·
Registered
163 Posts
It'd be like walking into the supermarket, seeing an apple and saying 'That's totally a knockoff, I ate one just like it this morning from a different orchard'.
I still like the analogy.

Very similar to the Enkei's found on the Evo IX. Me likey.

·
Stick it in her Yeah
522 Posts
These wheels look sex. I'll have to pick some up; I like what Enkei is doing these days.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts