Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Por-Sha"
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So there have been spy shots circulating the net.

Here's what the current 2010 Porsche 997 911 looks like. It's pretty much unchanged since 2005 minus the headlights, taillights, hp increase, etc. It's still sexy and classy, but it definitely needs an updated look.

For 2012/2013, they're making the 998 which is actually going to be designated the 991. As expected, it's not going to be anything drastic, but I believe this refresh makes it look a lot more sleek and more modern for sure.
The lines flow better like the Cayman. It keeps the classic shape, but this definitely looks more modern! I especially like how the rear doesn't look like it's sagging anymore. I love the ass lift! It is nothing "major" in the design department, but IMO it DRASTICALLY changes the overall look. The current 997 rears look like a baby that took a dump in its diaper. The new 991s look sleeeeeek.
The tail lights are similar to the 918 in shape.

The performance increase will be interesting. Best motoring was able to do high 11's in the PDK Carrera S so this 991 might be as fast as the 997 MK1 Turbo!!

Camo Spy shots

Interior- Finally something fresh. The interior basically remained unchanged from 2005-2011

Rendering of what it might look like.

DETAILS from what I have read:
-Longer and wider

EXTERIOR
-"The exterior will be defined by larger front wing pontoons which house all-LED headlights, slightly deeper side sills, and door-mounted wing mirrors, and a more significantly sculpted rear end."

INTERIOR
-"For the interior, expect more elements borrowed from the Panamera: top-spec Burmester stereos, improved sat-nav with better integration for mobile devices, and quality leather."

ENGINE
-"Under the hood Porsche will keep the same flat-six engine, but will focus on reducing both fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. The 3.6-liter flat-six engine will deliver up to 365bhp and 400Nm of torque for the Carrera and 415bhp and 440Nm of torque for the S version.

-The car will continue to ride on a steel-intensive platform, but several weight saving measures will allow the car to weigh 1370kg (3020 lbs) - 45kg (99 lbs) less than today's model. Porsche has also modified the engine mounting points for improved weight distribution and better handling.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/110081327902/2012-porsche-911---more-details-surface#ixzz17MbRGDsr

Porsche will also offer both brake regeneration and stop start systems that will help reduce fuel consumption by 12%. The new Porsche-Doppelkupplung (PDK) gearbox will also be offered. With no less than seven forward gears, the new gearbox combines the driving comfort of a converter automatic transmission with the dynamic gearshift of a sequential racing gearbox."

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Interior is fail. Needs to look more aggressive.

·
"Por-Sha"
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Interior is fail. Needs to look more aggressive.
It's still too early to tell. That interior pic is one of the older spy photos.
*It does look like they're going more towards the luxury/GT interior look instead of being aggressive/sporty.

The new Cayenne interior is probably the best interior in an SUV and it started with this spy photo.

wtf no rear wiper
Maybe the mule didn't get the luxury of having that $29213123 rear wiper option.

·
"Por-Sha"
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Even though the official look of the 991 isn't out yet, for now I have fallen in love. :love:
I like the proportions to this new 911. This fixed the only thing I didn't like about the current 997s.
As pointed out by 996 AD on Rennteam.
"notice the size of the window compared to 997. the roof and windshield seems lower and rear window smaller and sharper. the tail is longer but nose is shorter. design is more modern and sleek . i think 996 also had a lower windshield than 997. im only hoping for a good engine sound"

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
the center console looks pretty damn confusing and cluttered like the Panamera, simple works best

·
Banned
2,205 Posts
It's looking more and more like the cayman, which I guess is a good thing. The cayman is by far the best looking Porsche imo

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
that rendering looks great. The 997 is a gorgeous car though, as is the cayman. Can't wait to see what the final 991 product looks like.

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Looks a lot longer then the 997

1 - 11 of 11 Posts