Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Honestly it's a little underwhelming, visually. But if the performance is on point, then that would make up for it. If they use any of their handling know-how that they applied in the FR-S/BRZ and apply it to AWD, then it would be a pretty nice combination.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like the front end, very ostentatious like a Subaru should be, but the back looks rather like a Corolla. Maybe it's just the color, I think WRX's should always be blue with the classic golden rims

·
skareem92
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

looks like an aggressive corolla.
you know, the more you say that, the more it makes sense. i've also seen comparisons to the new civics and the body shape is sadly on point. i don't know what direction subaru is trying to go in, but it is rather disappointing.

·
skareem92
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly it's a little underwhelming, visually. But if the performance is on point, then that would make up for it. If they use any of their handling know-how that they applied in the FR-S/BRZ and apply it to AWD, then it would be a pretty nice combination.
apparently the handling is going to be out of this world. in the words of subaru "nobody has ever built anything like it. ourselves included."

apparently everything from the chassis down to the lugnuts works together to give unparalleled handling. so let's see what happens. the official unveiling is November 20th.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I hope so, for their sake. But it's just weird for them to have always had a car that understeered FAR more than its most direct competitor, yet they magically figured it out one day.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I was super disappointed by the 2006-2007... the hawkeyes themselves were fine, but the grille just killed it. And the taillights took a huge step backward. Plus that rooftop wing was a poor attempt at somewhat countering the Evo MR's vortex generator. I likely would have ended up with a WRX (or maybe an STI) if Subaru had kept the 2004-2005 exterior for 2006, as I was in a position to get a new car at that time, and I couldn't find a brand-new 2005 within 250 miles of me, and the specific one I wanted (wingless base crystal gray metallic) was clearly going to be even more difficult to find. But I just couldn't dig the 2006 facelift... though things worked out for me in the end. :)

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
The one thing I think that has been lacking is the interior. It is just not up to par for me. If the 2015 can step it up I am sold. The exterior is sexy

·
skareem92
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The one thing I think that has been lacking is the interior. It is just not up to par for me. If the 2015 can step it up I am sold. The exterior is sexy
I hated the interior in my 2013 (the dash mainly). I loved the seats and how comfortable they were, but the dash made so much noise every time I hit a bump or something.

·
DC5 Owner
477 Posts
I hope the pic they have on the site is more like what it will actually look like cuz the full body pics of it doesn't look as aggressive AT ALL!!!!!

·
Modding One Car Is Easy
259 Posts
Concept = I've been following since march, randomly drooling over it
This = I'll have to see it in person...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts