Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's talk that the US could be getting the RS in 2016 and that it could possibly come equipped with AWD. The current European RS (as well as the ST) has received much praise for its handling and power delivery despite the fact that it is front wheel drive. Personally, I would be first in line for an AWD Focus RS, and am really excited by the possibility. Thoughts?

Article: http://wot.motortrend.com/1406_2016_ford_focus_rs_prototype_spied_testing.html

Now all we need is an AWD Type R and I can die a happy man.

·
Super Moderator
430,516 Posts
from what i can see, i already don't like the way it looks. seems.....too boxy for me, also ive never been a fan of the focus ever so this really doesn't do anything for me.

if they do release one here and you get it because it does what you want out of it and then some, sure get it. i don't see myself getting it even with awd or whatever features, could get something the same or better by going wrx. i just don't like that look or really american cars in general

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
AWD or bust. That motor with FWD would basically be a newer Mazdaspeed 3 but with more punch, which is nice but not really what would make the car better.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very true. ST is a fantastic car even with FWD, but when it comes to the RS it's AWD or bust.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
true. it'll be in the Mustang for a year before the RS comes out so we'll see how it holds up there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts