Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many peeps have 230hp to the wheels N/a?
On their street cars!
I am pondering cams & pro-ECU..if I can get close to 230hp!
If not then I am concidering the JRSC?
:driving:

·
zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
going FI would be alot easier and cheaper...

or you can get the toda kit, race header, exhaust, intake and you should be there.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
firedc5 said:
going FI would be alot easier and cheaper...

or you can get the toda kit, race header, exhaust, intake and you should be there.
Dynopack or dynojet? Either way, it will take more than that to get 230 to the wheels.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered my cams & ECU already...But was assured well over 200hp or my $$ back towrds a JRSC! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
576 Posts
or you could just go with prototype racing and get a header/intake/ecu and run about 230 whp.... (they have a type r engine that runs 250 whp with those mods some im just assuming it would be around there)

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Stan Wan said:
I'm putting down 228 dynapack with toda a cams and full i/h/e.
But that is a one time thing. It was hard for Edo to get numbers like that. A hell of a lot harder than an engine kit and basic bolt-ons.

·
Registered
73 Posts
BigDawg said:
But that is a one time thing. It was hard for Edo to get numbers like that. A hell of a lot harder than an engine kit and basic bolt-ons.
????

Please elaborate, not sure I understand what you point is? (no offence)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
BigDawg said:
You're confusing my dynojet and dynapack results. Stan is reporting 228 dynapack. To my knowledge he's never tested on a dynojet.

Making 225-230 (dynapack) is actually quite straightforward now with either K20A or Toda Spec A cams, with the potential to make 6-8 more hp for the latter. I've now seen two other instances of K20A2 equipped with JR RH/K20A cams/catback making 224 and 227 on the dynapack. PRB manifold and stock bore throttle bodies intact. Tuning has improved substantially since hitting 225 with similar/counterpart mods. In my case, the Comptech RH was in effect. So take that FWIW.

-Ron

·
Registered
73 Posts
edo said:
You're confusing my dynojet and dynapack results. Stan is reporting 228 dynapack. To my knowledge he's never tested on a dynojet.

Making 225-230 (dynapack) is actually quite straightforward now with either K20A or Toda Spec A cams, with the potential to make 6-8 more hp for the latter. I've now seen two other instances of K20A2 equipped with JR RH/K20A cams/catback making 224 and 227 on the dynapack. PRB manifold and stock bore throttle bodies intact. Tuning has improved substantially since hitting 225 with similar/counterpart mods. In my case, the Comptech RH was in effect. So take that FWIW.

-Ron
Any suggestions on where to go from here?

·
Registered
506 Posts
with the launch of the k pro i believe that the toda itbs can become an option
(might be a bit noisy though stan!)

u could go n2 cams as well stan(or A2)

perhaps the spec b and c could be tamed for the street with the k pro

id really like to see a 10k redline personally with everyday driveability

alternatively i feel a map may be available soon for jrsc on top of toda spec a

(unless u want to stay n/a)

and of course the stroker kit which i feel is cheating a bit :)

perhaps some better bolt on like race headers may come laong eg prototype

or within the many permutations woth the k pro someone may stumble on something special

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
230hp!

Sounds like I have a fighting chance to hit 230hp to the wheels! :love:
I can always upgrade intake,pistons,bore & stroke! :spin:
Very disapointed to here JRSC making only 230hp I was expecting more? :dontknow:

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
edo said:
Continue with what we discussed via email, plus upgrade to k-pro and investigate some intake/exhaust optimization/upgrades.

-Ron
Ron-

Heard anything about the Skunk2 cams that should be comming out in the next couple months? I think they are planning on both a mild and high cam set.

Just curious.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
edo said:

-Ron
Gotcha Ron. After a discussion I had with Dave last night I realized that I was thinking about the results you were getting on the Dynojet. I thought about it after we had a discussion regarding actual differences between the readings on a dynojet versus a dynapack.

Thanks for clearing the air Ron. Too bad I don't have a dynapack less than an hour and a half away. I was going to go lay down some Dynojet numbers today, but Balanced was overbooked.

How have things been going? Have you tested any of the new products yet?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Stan Wan said:
????

Please elaborate, not sure I understand what you point is? (no offence)
I was getting at the different dyno, different car, different temperature, different day argument. Now that Ron cleared that up though, I was thinking about his Dynojet numbers. He made a good bit more power on the dynopack.

Sorry Stan :dontknow:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts