Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'll finally be running the car this weekend with this wheel set-up. I'd posted that they would fit last year, but, since I was running the Talon TSi AWD for points, I never did run the RSX. I'm not competing as much this year (although, I'm instructing this coming weekend and racing as well, and will several times this year) due to having had a house built (gotta put in the lawn and landscape this year).

I'll post more pictures of the car on the track from this weekend, but, here's what the car looks like with 245/45/16 VictorRacer V700's on 16x8.5 inch Kosei K1's (+38 offset). Tires are 1.5 inches wider, and ~0.2 inches shorter than stock.

http://ssscc.org/personal/front.jpg
http://ssscc.org/personal/back.jpg

I test drove it last night, no rubbing issues anywhere, including hard braking into a few corners.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, check with tirerack.com or tires.com to see if they know the offsets for the available K1's (the ones I'm using are spec'd for a 3000GT VR4, not the RSX...so be sure to check all that have the bolt patern, not just what they say they have suggested for the car).

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, no rubbing issues...good traction in the front...but need to dial in pressures for the rear to get better traction. All in all I'm pleased though. I took 2nd overall in the combined SM/CSP/BSP/SS/DP class. Although, the guy I usually go head to head with when I'm in the Talon was 5 seconds ahead of me. But, can't complain concidering this was the first time I've run the RSX on the course (and I kept hitting cones due to the wide tires...there's only 1 cone mark on the whole car), and the car is stock except the rims/tires and an intake. Give me another couple events to figure out how to spend more time on the big cam, and I may have him shaking in his driving shoes with a more or less stock car (as it was, I was at a 57.4 raw and he was at 54.8 and clean). I was amazed how neutral the car is, and it's nice that it tends toward oversteer in factory trim! I put $5k into the suspension of my old 93 Accord to get it to handle similar to RSX-s' factory suspension.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
Can you take a pic from behind the car so I can see how bad they stick out.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
RsxVengeance said:
did you roll your rear fender lip to fit the rims?
Nope...stuck them on and went out and raced. I'm not lowered though, so if you are...be careful, they could need to be rolled then.

BigDawg: Don't have them on anymore right now. I'll try to get a picture mid-month (April) when we have our next event. They don't stick out, but are dead even with the edges of the wheel wells at the top (so where the fenders roll in at the bottom, the stick out some...but it wasn't throwing rocks too bad, even with the gumballs I had on).

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.