Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the topic says.

Homer2? FrostyBC? Anybody?

Do I really need to wait 24hrs for the next application of Z2 if I don't have ZFX? Can I do it in like 15hrs or something like that?

And Homer2, can I get a copy of your guide as well?

[email protected]

Thanks!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, I'm anybody :)

If you're using just the Z-2 without the ZFX and the temperature is 70 degrees F. or better, you wait six hours before applying the next coat of Z-2. If the temp is below 70, you need to wait 24 hrs after you remove the last bit of Z-2.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
And I'm Frosty!
For the metric, 70°F is 21°C.

Well, all I know is hotter = faster with the Zaino line.
Sal says that you have to wait 24 hours if the temperature is under 70F. He made the stuff, so I don't see how I can argue ;)
I don't think waiting 15 hours would work since the temperature would drop as you got into the night. I'm sure 24 hours is recommended because you get more daylight hours (hence warmer temperatures) in. Just a guess. Maybe Stenoslave knows more.

Living in Toronto... you are probably seeing temperature around 10. Which isn't nearly warm enough.
Thursday has a high of 20, you might squeeze in two coats if it stays up there.

Personally, my recommendation is to get ZFX. For the amount of time you save in waiting it's well worth it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can't add anything more, really, except heat, heat, heat helps speed the curing time. Go the ZFX route. I used ZFX/Z-2 when the temp was 38 degrees (4 C?), took 45 minutes to haze over; whereas, in 60 degree (16 C?) weather, took 20 minutes to haze.

And don't go asking me anything in millimeters now, please :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses!! I think I'll pick up some ZFX and some Z5 on my next Zaino order.

Another quick question...is it okay to take your car out into the rain even though the 24hr cure time hasn't elapsed?

Thanks!! :wavey:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fast Car said:
Thanks for the responses!! I think I'll pick up some ZFX and some Z5 on my next Zaino order.

Another quick question...is it okay to take your car out into the rain even though the 24hr cure time hasn't elapsed?

Thanks!! :wavey:
No problem. Take it out there and drive it and show it off!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts