Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatsup guys need help trying to see if anyone ever ran 265/40 NOT 35 on a x9 rim. I know most run 255/40 which is what i want but i was just wondering 265/40 for more of a beefy look, but idk about fitment issues so help would be fine :) thanks

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
I think it would be do able for the wheel but fitment within the fender I feel may not work. All depends on how low the car is. Are your fenders rolled?

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah all my fenders are rolled, but i was wondering the same. Idk if it would look "retarded" though. Height wise il be good for it to fit.

Edit: height wise, its the same as fitting a 235/45 tire

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,103 Posts
It should fit then. I think the fatter the tire the better. Not sure if I have ever seen a 265 on a RSX but I love the 255 so why not

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree i love meatier tires. Just dont want them to look stupid on my car lol. 255/40 looks and feels great, if it fits i might go with the 265 but i just want to see if anyone has tried it

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
The problem isn't fitting 265s on, it's the selection, there are very few tires actually made in 265/40. Maybe a different sidewall height will allow for a wider selection of tires. If you can bump up to 275/40 there's a ton of selection there, but you'll need A) a ton of power to spin those tires and B) wider fenders

Edit: This is from the Tire Rack tire selection, there may be more choices if you buy your tires elsewhere lol

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was afraid of that, i searched and you are right its harder to find that size. I dont have wider fenders so i wouldnt be able to do 275/40 and im definitely not going to switch to the 35 series. And i havent done much to the engine so i dont think my car at the moment would be fit for that size then if power is the case

·
Registered
759 Posts
Keep in mind that every company rates their tire sizes differently. A 265 of a Direzza summer tire is not the same as a 265 Michelin all-season.

If you want a 265 only for the purpose of having the meaty look, go for a high performance 255 tire, such as the Dunlop Zii or AD08's. They run wider than a lot of 265 all-seasons

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm thanks for that info. Hopefully their not that pricey, i didnt know diff brands ran wider etc of the same sizes

·
Vietnamese Singer
28,049 Posts
BFGoodrich G Force Comp 2s tend to run wide, my buddy's 245s fit like my 255 Hankooks. I imagine if you get the 255s they'll fit like a 265 lol (actually what I was thinking about doing :shady: )

·
DC5 Gang***ger
19,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BFGoodrich G Force Comp 2s tend to run wide, my buddy's 245s fit like my 255 Hankooks. I imagine if you get the 255s they'll fit like a 265 lol (actually what I was thinking about doing :shady: )
Hmmm sounds interesting :shady: lol. But their for dd so i need tires that are good for street weather conditions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts