Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

283whp and 241tq from a greddy @8.8 psi

1K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Integra_boi 
#1 ·
After extensive testing and tuning, the guys at Adams Automotive in Nothern florida where able to squeeze 283 WHP at operating temperature (after letting the car idle for 15 mins) so it would be a true number and not a high number from a cool run, This numbers are also corrected.
SOme of the testing involved was
2.5 greddy evo exhaust with test pipe vs 3 inch from RD.
and the best combo was the 3 inch.
The kit has not been modified in anyway exept for upgraded injectors since the 440 were maxed out at 6.5 psi.
We tried putting on a custom cold air as well, and it didnt gain any HP at all.
The car feels way stronger than last time with 263hp and it pulls all the way to 8600 rpms.
1/4 mile times will be posted shortly
Tested on a dyno jet and the air fuel is 11.4 all the way!! never seen anything higher than that at full throtle.

#2 ·
zulusTypeS said:
After extensive testing and tuning, the guys at Adams Automotive in Nothern florida where able to squeeze 283 WHP at operating temperature (after letting the car idle for 15 mins) so it would be a true number and not a high number from a cool run, This numbers are also corrected.
The kit has not been modified in anyway exept for upgraded injectors since the 440 were maxed out at 6.5 psi.
The car feels way stronger than last time with 263hp and it pulls all the way to 8600 rpms.
Tested on a dyno jet and the air fuel is 11.4 all the way!! never seen anything higher than that at full throtle.

Nice run my boosted brother can't wait to see the 1/4mile time. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Nice numbers. What kind of difference was the 2.5" evo compared to the 3" thermal??

#5 ·
zulusTypeS said:
:thumbsup: nice job......

#6 ·
millo said:
Nice numbers. What kind of difference was the 2.5" evo compared to the 3" thermal??
with the 2.5" at operating temp with heat soak at 6.5 psi it dynod at 255.1
with the 3 inch it dynod at 271.0 with the same tune and heat conditions.
The 3 inch exhaust also allowed the HP curve to climb all the way to 8600 rpms where the 2.5 would peak at 7600.
With the 3 inch exhaust, the turbo also boosted up to 7.5.... I guess since it allows for more air to deplete, it brings the boost up.

#7 ·
zulusTypeS said:
with the 2.5" at operating temp with heat soak at 6.5 psi it dynod at 255.1
with the 3 inch it dynod at 271.0 with the same tune and heat conditions.
The 3 inch exhaust also allowed the HP curve to climb all the way to 8600 rpms where the 2.5 would peak at 7600.
With the 3 inch exhaust, the turbo also boosted up to 7.5.... I guess since it allows for more air to deplete, it brings the boost up.
Fuck....I guess this means no buying your exhaust....oh well...

#9 ·
Nossy said:
Fuck....I guess this means no buying your exhaust....oh well...
Oh yeah. Sorry bout that, but I am keeping the exhaust.

For the guy that said something about the reflash, just look at my signature and youll see what I got.

#10 ·
How much louder was the thermal compared to the evo?? Would like to go with the thermal but worried about how loud it is. Thanks in advance.

Sean

#11 ·
I have a 5Zigen Fireball catback. It is about 2.5 inch.. When I get a 3" exhaust will I have to "re-tune" my car? Because it is getting tuned with the kpro this coming friday with the 2.5" catback.

#14 ·
EBP-RSX-S said:
zulustype-s do you happen to have the dyno plots? If you do post them up so we can see the midrange and not only peak #'s
I kept the thermal and sold the Greddy to a local guy.
I dont have a scanner, so I just took a pic of the dyno
The first one is the car after everything was said and done
the second is a comparison of both exhaust systems with the same tune and with everything stock (injectors and pump)

Attachments

#15 ·
If you follow the red line on the first dyno, it seems higher in torque at low RPMS than the 8.8psi run. THe only reason why its like that, is because some timing was pulled out due to boost spike and knock.
The car is tuned at 11.4 Air fuel which is very very conservative. I believe Cybernation tunes their cars at 12.5

#16 ·
Very nice ZULU, can't wait for the 6-9th of may. Any news on some RSX's making it down there for that weekend?

It's gonna be time to throw down soon, only two weeks from now.
Maybe we can make it to the track on friday or sat night. I guess this depends on if Jody is done tuning by friday or not.

I will call you early next week to let you know my plans, i really appreciate your offer man. It is greatly appreciated for sure.

#20 ·
sweet :thumbsup:

So let me get this straight. This is all you need to make +-280whp with the greddy kit:
-Hondata k-pro
-Test pipe
-Thermal cat-back
*Greddy turbo kit @ 8.8psi
*Greddy front mount Intercooler
*Greddy BOV
*Profec B spec II
-And some dyno tuning

all the ones market with * come with the kit , right? Thanks in advance.
I'm just trying to compare prices of this and the Jackson Racing supercharger with the upgraded package. I'm not sure what I want yet, just want the best bang for buck :D
Do you mind telling me how much was all those parts, except the test pipe, cat-back and k-pro because I already know. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.