Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently waiting for hondata 3 bar map sensor to come out for the k-pro. Is there a special 3 bar map sensor specifically for the k-pro? I was just planning on buying a gm 3bar map sensor, that everyone else uses with hondata. Even if I do get it wired, would it work with the current version of k-pro? Am I basically waiting for hondata to release a new version of the program to accomodate the 3 bar map sensor. If thats the case then'll I'll just buy the map sensor and wait program to come out. :thumbsup:

·
K series tuning liberator
2,364 Posts
it's actually a programming issue i think. The k-manager software will only go to 12psi(col 13) currently. I think it is a re-calibration for the current MAP sensor to read more boost than it is calibrated to read now, and give more room in the program to tune for the higher boost pressures.

I am sure Hondata has this figured out, but is waiting for people to get used to the k-pro(tuners and owners) before they let you crank up the boost past 12psi.

This is all in theory and i could be totally wrong. Maybe Doug or Matt can weigh in on this issue for us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.