Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I just got my race header this weekend and I’m thinking now about pair them with a 3 inch exhaust but I don’t want something too loud, you guys know already the new law in California, I been reading and doing research and a lot of people get the KTeller piping and pair it’s with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and a vibrant muffler or something else,so my question is between the KTuned 3inch exhaust and the KTeller 3inc piping with a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and a muffler like a HKS, vibrant or Apexi which one would be the quietest one ? By the way just asking if i want pops and backfire the KTUNED would give me that ? Or with the custom 3 inch?thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure if if helps but I got the k-tuned race header(409) Exhaust and it give off that pop/crackle when you let off. Its great! but it is loud in my opinion. *Never really been in too many modded cars so not used to hearing it all the time*

Catless setup

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't want too loud, but want pops and backfire
Lol I know it sounds dumb but I’m tryna say I don’t want something too damn loud and also if with one of those set ups would do that m, thanks for the answer anyways

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if if helps but I got the k-tuned race header(409) Exhaust and it give off that pop/crackle when you let off. Its great! but it is loud in my opinion. *Never really been in too many modded cars so not used to hearing it all the time*

Catless setup
I have the KTuned race header too! It backfires too? Also have you ever been bothered by cops ?

·
Super Moderator
10,729 Posts
So the kteller piping with the vibrant ultra quiet resonator and a black vibrant muffler would be less loud than the Ktuned right?
Yes. I've had two friends with the Ktuned 3". It is loud, it's not obnoxious like a straight pipe but you will be heard a good distance away lol. I would not get that exhaust if you're in California, IMO.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the KTuned race header too! It backfires too? Also have you ever been bothered by cops ?
Not sure if there’s backfire I wouldn’t be able to tell but the pops and crackles are very noticeable. So far I’ve had it for two weeks I’d say and no problems with the cops. I try to keep it in 4th when cruising by or shift early at the lights.

It’s stupid loud in tunnels and I love it ahah. Not bad at idle once the engine is warmed up. I am running lean though. I got a CEL code P0171 last week but it went away after a few KMs

(Base rsx)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Not sure if there’s backfire I wouldn’t be able to tell but the pops and crackles are very noticeable. So far I’ve had it for two weeks I’d say and no problems with the cops. I try to keep it in 4th when cruising by or shift early at the lights.

It’s stupid loud in tunnels and I love it ahah. Not bad at idle once the engine is warmed up. I am running lean though. I got a CEL code P0171 last week but it went away after a few KMs

(Base rsx)
You’d be able to tell if there’s back fire. You’d hear a loud, unsettling pop/bang upon acceleration.
How’s it feel on the butt dyno?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

(Base rsx)
You’d be able to tell if there’s back fire. You’d hear a loud, unsettling pop/bang upon acceleration.
How’s it feel on the butt dyno?
Actually now that you say dyno I’m very curious about numbers with the whole KTuned set up...i still doubt it between the Ktuned 3 inch or the Kteller piping with Hks muffler...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Custom 3" all day long. That way you can dictate sound levels better. As long as all parts are straight thru they perform the same 99% of the time.

What I have always done, even with a sck24a2 and IPS K2 2.0L, is use a raceheader, 3" exhaust up to and thru 1st resinator, then reduce to 2.5" to 2.5" muffler. I still get 3" flow power gains and before the gas cools too much, velocity comes back by 2.5". Sound is lessened as well.

Can't go wrong with Vibrant ultra quite resonator and Vibrant Black Stealth muffer...sounds amazing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Custom 3" all day long. That way you can dictate sound levels better. As long as all parts are straight thru they perform the same 99% of the time.

What I have always done, even with a sck24a2 and IPS K2 2.0L, is use a raceheader, 3" exhaust up to and thru 1st resinator, then reduce to 2.5" to 2.5" muffler. I still get 3" flow power gains and before the gas cools too much, velocity comes back by 2.5". Sound is lessened as well.

Can't go wrong with Vibrant ultra quite resonator and Vibrant Black Stealth muffer...sounds amazing.
Thanks for your answer! I’m probably going with the Kteller kit and the vibrant ultra quiet resonator for my muffler if I pick the TPV style it would more loud than the black muffler right ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ktuned Oval exhaust is really loud, Try the custom kteller or junk2. Junk2 isn't my thing but it sound nice and not very loud inside the cabin.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for your answer! I’m probably going with the Kteller kit and the vibrant ultra quiet resonator for my muffler if I pick the TPV style it would more loud than the black muffler right ?
I have only owned the black muffler, it is straight thru design. Sounds deep and not riced

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ktuned 3" exahust is so loud and drone is unbelievable. When i bought my type S it came with one. was the only mod. it was an axle back... when the car came home it was unbolted the same night.

With our other Type S - it runs a Spoon axle back only and it pops on down shift of lift off.
Maybe look at a spoon Cat back System.

Also for a NA stock engined car the Ktuned lost heaps of torque. Was a horrible thing. Good for boost!

Just my opinion. cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts