Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ktuned 3" exahust is so loud and drone is unbelievable. When i bought my type S it came with one. was the only mod. it was an axle back... when the car came home it was unbolted the same night.

With our other Type S - it runs a Spoon axle back only and it pops on down shift of lift off.
Maybe look at a spoon Cat back System.

Also for a NA stock engined car the Ktuned lost heaps of torque. Was a horrible thing. Good for boost!

Just my opinion. cheers
Well tbh yesterday I ran another type s with a KTUNED exhaust, plm raceheader and CAI, we did 3 runs and in all of them I got him for like car and a half , and tbh I don’t think the ktuner sounds that bad, anyways Is not the first time I read people saying that the Ktuned exhaust is not the best for NA gains, IMO the KTUNED header is a very good product, and I’m glad I chose that one instead the PLM, no leaks, no cracks.So I’m going Kteller and vibrant resonator and Im not sure if an HKS muffler or the black vibrant, thanks for all the opinions! 👍🏼

·
Registered
75 Posts
So interesting food for thought.. The 05-06 DC5 has an upgraded fuel tank which has claimed 75% better fuel evaporation vs. 02-04 models. This new fuel tank is shifted back about 7" opening up a possible new exhaust route. That is if you dont mind chassis fabrication.

There is a small brace that has to be removed or re-designed, if one would decide to keep it. I have a 2002 chassis so I am going to either shift my tank backwards or replace it with the re-designed 05-06 tank.

I am doing this so I can run the K-tuned 409 race header and Burns Stainless megaphone (14.5" long & dia 2.5"x4.5" dia) followed by 4.5"x4" reducer then 4"x3" reducer. 3" SS flex x 6" long. 3" piping that 90's around fuel tank to 3" Vibrant ultra quite resonator. 3"x2.5" reducer to 2.5" axleback to 2.5" Vibrant black muffler.

It is work to run it this way. I will avoid needing oval mid-section, clearance problems lowered, and I will be able to run a megaphone with a race header. For sure I will make more power with the custom exhaust vs. what is on the market.

20190709_131600.jpg

20190709_131727.jpg

·
Registered
829 Posts
So interesting food for thought.. The 05-06 DC5 has an upgraded fuel tank which has claimed 75% better fuel evaporation vs. 02-04 models. This new fuel tank is shifted back about 7" opening up a possible new exhaust route. That is if you dont mind chassis fabrication.

There is a small brace that has to be removed or re-designed, if one would decide to keep it. I have a 2002 chassis so I am going to either shift my tank backwards or replace it with the re-designed 05-06 tank.

I am doing this so I can run the K-tuned 409 race header and Burns Stainless megaphone (14.5" long & dia 2.5"x4.5" dia) followed by 4.5"x4" reducer then 4"x3" reducer. 3" SS flex x 6" long. 3" piping that 90's around fuel tank to 3" Vibrant ultra quite resonator. 3"x2.5" reducer to 2.5" axleback to 2.5" Vibrant black muffler.

It is work to run it this way. I will avoid needing oval mid-section, clearance problems lowered, and I will be able to run a megaphone with a race header. For sure I will make more power with the custom exhaust vs. what is on the market.

View attachment 550263

View attachment 550265
While I understand the logic behind your setup, I’m not sure that I’ll provide you with the results you’re seeking. Have you tested it on a flow bench? It seems to me like you would lose velocity due to exhaust gasses tumbling inside the megaphone/reducer.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts