Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
Steve,

my name is Cody-

I have had my HID's from xenon depot for years with no major problems.

My question for you:

I am thinking about doing a retrofit with some TSX projectors in my rsx headlights but don't want to get rid of my xenon depot kit. I know that the TSX uses the d2s bulbs in their projectors. Do you happen to know if I created a custom mount in the back of the projector housing for my current HID bulbs, would it effect the lighting from the projector? Or can I really only use D2S bulbs with the tsx projectors?

·
Section 8
1,556 Posts
Steve,

my name is Cody-

I have had my HID's from xenon depot for years with no major problems.

My question for you:

I am thinking about doing a retrofit with some TSX projectors in my rsx headlights but don't want to get rid of my xenon depot kit. I know that the TSX uses the d2s bulbs in their projectors. Do you happen to know if I created a custom mount in the back of the projector housing for my current HID bulbs, would it effect the lighting from the projector? Or can I really only use D2S bulbs with the tsx projectors?
just upgrade the bulbs man,

·
Vendor
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi spray2020,

Here is what you would need to get:

1) The TSX projector uses a D2S HID bulb meaning that the rebased HID bulbs you currently have will not work as they have been modified to fit an H1 application. As a result, I would suggest getting Philips D2S bulbs that will fit in your TSX projectors.

2) You would need to get this D2S Plug to enable the ballasts that you have to work with your new unmodified D2S bulb.

Let me know if you want to go ahead with the purchase and I will do my best to help you out.

Steve

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts
Thank you Steve for the response.

Can I get these bulbs and adaptors through xenon depot?

I work at an advance auto parts so I figure getting the bulbs from my store would be easiest?

What about the adaptors? How much are they?

·
Vendor
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey,

No problem. You can certainly get the bulbs and adaptors directly from us. Check what your pricing is like on Philips 4300k D2S bulbs though. I doubt it would be better than our MSRP.

Here is the link to the adaptors:

http://www.KBcarstuff.com/Philips-D2S-D2R-Plug-p/d2con.htm

Steve

·
エアロキット&#
5,669 Posts

·
Vendor
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Definitely go for a 6000k HID kit if you want more useable light output. When it comes to color temperature, higher temperature HID kits give you more color but less actual useable light output.

Make sure you type in coupon code "CRSXHU" upon checkout to save $25 and to get your free modified X clips.

Steve

·
What?
128 Posts
Can you get yellow HID bulbs? I really want some yellow ones to match the yellow fog lights i just bought.I have an HID low beam kit already in the car so could I just paint the bulbs yellow? I don't really know anyhting about HID's obviously.

·
Vendor
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Absolutely. You just need to make sure to use coupon code "CRSXHU" upon checkout to save $25 on your order and to ensure we include the modified X clips which are required when installing any HID kit in the Acura RSX.

Steve

·
K20 WOT
817 Posts
Absolutely. You just need to make sure to use coupon code "CRSXHU" upon checkout to save $25 on your order and to ensure we include the modified X clips which are required when installing any HID kit in the Acura RSX.

Steve
Steve - I just ordered on Saturday. Order#: 14623. I don't think I mentioned anything about the X Clips, can you see if it's not too late to get them on there?

Also, was there something about gloves?

Thanks! I'm really excited to get the kit!

·
K20 WOT
817 Posts
Also, I noticed that that particular kit does not come with Philips bulbs. Is there a major difference? Can a guy get a hold of Philips bulbs to work with this system?

Thanks again!

·
2005 RSX type s
342 Posts
Open for business ?

hi, are you guys open ? i have tried to contact your office on Monday "today" and the operator stated that you guys are only open on Mon - Fri 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Standard time ?

Today is Monday ? and its only 9:45 pm Pacific time ?

I need to know if you guys have the H1 in stock for the Xtreme series and Volt Series, looking for 5000K h1 & 6500K h1

Do you also still provide free X-clip with the coupon CODE to get -$25.oo?
Do you also have the fog light in stock too ?

thanks so much and hope i am in the correct thread

21 - 40 of 119 Posts