Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its 2016 and i still have problems with the springs coming out lol just had another exedy stage 1 go on me, its been on for a little over a year at 28k miles. i seen the unsprung street disc from act and thought i would give it a try and since my pressure plate has low miles i thought i would just get the disc.............. ive tried doing some research on k20a and seen nothing ...sooooo i guess i will be a guinea pig. should be installed by tomorrow

http://www.advancedclutch.com/3000122

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it was a little more than a spring and I was pressed for time so I ended up buying a clutch from auto zone and paired the pressure plate from that with the act unsprung. The clutch feels pretty good, moderate chatter, softer pedal of course........ side note the duralast clutch looks like exedy and the hub on the disc looks like it's from a stage 1 but just painted.

Pics of old exedy stage 1

·
i eat f00d
5,890 Posts
may i ask how is your car used/driven... racing... dropping clutch... auto-x.. or just daily driven..??

i also had the clutch disc spring issue on my OEM clutch (112k miles).. i replaced with an OEM exedy clutch... and your post makes me worry about my own vehicle...

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
may i ask how is your car used/driven... racing... dropping clutch... auto-x.. or just daily driven..??

i also had the clutch disc spring issue on my OEM clutch (112k miles).. i replaced with an OEM exedy clutch... and your post makes me worry about my own vehicle...
Daily drive, with some roll runs here and there. Idk how many clutches I've gone thru smh I had a fidanza flywheel that seemed to have been warped and that had me changing clutches faster than a oil change interval. I don't think everyone is suffering the spring issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.