Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
What are you made of...
22,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I always wonder why ppl likes the Supra more than the 3000GT... Personally I like the 3000GT. Also these cars are the best competition... So which one is better?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The supra has a rock solid bottom end and can handle upwards of like 1000 hp on stock internals. Also the suspension is supposedly damn good. I think the vr4 also weighs a good deal more than the supra due to AWD and all wheel steering.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
3000gt is a little porky when compared to the supra and others in it's class...and as previously mentioned the supra's stock bottom end can safely handle 900hp...not to mention that the supra is just sooooooooo sexy 8)
Can't hate on the 3000gt though...I remember seeing one of those when I was like 11 or 12 and that's when the addiction started...

lat-R

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
the vr4 is extremely heavy and there tranny's aren't very resilient to high power applications

·
Gymnast
2,447 Posts
i would stll pick the Supra. I like the RX-7 and 3000 GT, but i hear that reliablility is not the best for these two. As for the 300ZX, it is fast, but it is kind of ugly in my opinion.

·
Registered
70 Posts
supra tt all the way!! out of the box they can run high to mid 13's. the 3000 gt vr4 is capable of doing the same but needs an awd dump off the line to obtain this. this is horrible for the already rather weak drivetrain. and just as a point of reference, i raced my friend's 95 vr4 in my 03 srt-4 on the highway starting at 40 mph. he had a complete turboback exhaust with no cats and i was completely stock. out of three races, he couldnt pull more than a bumper on me.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
kadishack63 said:
supra tt all the way!! out of the box they can run high to mid 13's. the 3000 gt vr4 is capable of doing the same but needs an awd dump off the line to obtain this. this is horrible for the already rather weak drivetrain. and just as a point of reference, i raced my friend's 95 vr4 in my 03 srt-4 on the highway starting at 40 mph. he had a complete turboback exhaust with no cats and i was completely stock. out of three races, he couldnt pull more than a bumper on me.

In defense of the 3000GT you have to keep in mind that it was never really meant to be a "dragstrip" car...with it's excess weight it's more of a touring car when compared to the Supra's, RX-7's, and 300ZX's that once roamed the streets with it....good race though, maybe next time you could get it on video? :)

lat-R

·
..::Untouchables::..
644 Posts
kadishack63 said:
I thought supra's could run mid 13's to low 13's out of the box? And as far as i know the supra will out handle all those cars save the rx-7. But I love rx-7's, love 300zx'x, love supra's, and love vr-4's. I almost bought a 3000gt when I turned 16 but it was a sl. Good thing i didnt.

·
DC5 to AP2
2,421 Posts
The 3000GT is the Japanese Mustang. Too heavy, too sluggish, too gawky, and too much 16-year-old-cheerleader appeal.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
watermelonman said:
The 3000GT is the Japanese Mustang. Too heavy, too sluggish, too gawky, and too much 16-year-old-cheerleader appeal.

Yet still somehow faster than an rsx in stock form :laughing: but that does sound about right

lat-R

Don't get me wrong though, i'm still a bigger Supra fan than any of the other above mentioned cars

·
1,200hp stable... Bitches
7,473 Posts
Corolla Boy said:
3000gt is a little porky when compared to the supra and others in it's class...and as previously mentioned the supra's stock bottom end can safely handle 900hp...not to mention that the supra is just sooooooooo sexy 8)
Can't hate on the 3000gt though...I remember seeing one of those when I was like 11 or 12 and that's when the addiction started...

lat-R
Hehe, seeing a 3000 gt at the age of 11 or 12 is exactly how my addiction started too. :thumbsup:

I personally would take a 3000GT VR4 AWD AWS retractable hardtop(like on the new SL500) over any of the above, but with the Supra right on its heels. My own $.02

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
RoadRunner Type S said:
I personally would take a 3000GT VR4 AWD AWS retractable hardtop(like on the new SL500) over any of the above, but with the Supra right on its heels. My own $.02

Me before seeing a Supra: I agree totally :thumbsup:

Me after seeing a Supra: 3000 g-who? Where's my Supra :laughing:

lat-R

1 - 20 of 62 Posts