Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my past cars I've never used anything for the dash, just always wiped it down and kept it clean . A friend of mine told me of a product called 303 aerospace protectant, that you can get at a boat store . He told me it works wonders on the dash, and wont dry it up over time like armor-all .....Anybody ever heard of it , would you recommend using this product .

·
Registered
16,978 Posts
do we really need anything for the dash.... i mean it's cheap hard plastic...... i thought it would be more decent cuz the integra and the prelude had that softer shit but i guess everyone is going cheap now....... but anyways.... i think all we have to do is wipe it down when it's dusty....... the hard plastic isn't gonna crack unless you try to crack it (they will leave a scratch mark that you could never get out if you scratch it tho)........ but not from the sun and UV light and shit.......

·
fudge em
3,848 Posts
I don't know about just wiping it down, my friend never used anything on there dash and interior and it looks dull and faded while my interior still looks like it just came from the dealership (i've been using mequiars natural shine vinyl and rubber protectant) my car is older too so i would recommend just buying some stuff like i have and cleaning the interior with that everyone once and a while.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
hmm - who was that guy who said we turned this into a zaino forum ?

hehe

Yes, i have heard of it - No, i dont sell it -

Yes I can recommend it based on many many user reviews I have seen and heard. While there are options - some mentioned above - the 303 protectant does the job very well - as well as other places besides your dash. I just cant suggest it for that rubbery part right in front of you . . . test that area with a small spot - and see if you like it . ..

:wavey:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Homer2 said:
hmm - who was that guy who said we turned this into a zaino forum ?

hehe

Yes, i have heard of it - No, i dont sell it -

Yes I can recommend it based on many many user reviews I have seen and heard. While there are options - some mentioned above - the 303 protectant does the job very well - as well as other places besides your dash. I just cant suggest it for that rubbery part right in front of you . . . test that area with a small spot - and see if you like it . ..

:wavey:
Do you know of any other store that would carry it besides a boat store

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
hey frosty . .whats a lordco ?

i saw on the site that zellers sells it ( a small sampling of the line) and van/truck world - they made no mention of napa though.

i have been in touch with the ontario rep actually . . (since this thread and many many others have been making me curious) -
so, we may have to ignore the line weher i said i dont sell it . .

as for uS customers - you can but online too - and sometimes they have free shipping .

www.303products.com

hope that helps

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
we're getting a princess auto store in my area very soon - im told they are fabulous for selectin of auto parts, tools etc . .

since im contemplating big changes to the Z this winter - i can hardly wait . . .

would be nice to get a volume, large brand selection at decent price retailer out here - especially if their staff knew what the hell they were selling when you asked questions . ..

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KinDred said:
I use vinylex it works great so far, it keeps the dash nice and shiny and doesnt fade fast.

http://www.lexol.com/vinindex.html Can purchase it at your local auto parts store.

Just dont get it on the leather..
What leather cleaner r you guys using ?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
the 303 is for rubber . . .. so yea - you can use it on door seals also . ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.