Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wondering if a 38mm tial wastegate would be sufficient enough for 380-420hp.

Fullrace stg1 Garret t3/t04e turbo(60 trim, .63 a/r, stg III wheel)
750 cc injectors
walbro 255lph
Tial 38mm
kpro
3"dp
3'' tp
td manifold
3" thermal exhaust
greddy fmic/ rs BOV
BDL fuell rail
RBC MANIFOLD
Fast-turbo oil lines

I want to see atleast 360hp.

·
The Architect™
9,176 Posts
if its the TD sidemount go with the 44mm wastegate. If its their welded log style manifold I think that you are going to have to keep the 38mm that they designed it for.

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
4,654 Posts
sorry for the noob question but what does the wg really do? besides releasing the gases right?
search...keeps the boost from getting too high by directing exhaust away from the turbo...no wastegate means....

exhaust turns the turbine, turbine sucks more air in, this means more exhaust, even more air, even more exhaust gases, even more air, etc until your engine blows up

so yea you really dont NEED a wg...:uhh:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot for the input peeps:thumbsup:

The manifold is a log style and i guess it is flanged for a 35/38mm wastegate..so i guess that decides it.

A 38mm wouldnt be too restrictive for my power goals correct?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And if a .8 bar spring would be good enough?

Im not really clear on the power ratings or values for the spring sizes are.

All i know is that they offer a .25 to 1 bar spring for the 38mm tial wg.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i think thats where im getting it from.

What bar spring should i get?
Depends on how much boost you are wanting to run. Get a spring that is rated under what boost you are wanting to run, not over. You can't run lower boost than what the spring is rated for. You can't run a 20psi spring and expect to set the boost on 10psi. So, if you get a 7psi spring and run 10psi you will be fine.

If you run a 7psi spring and 17psi you will more than likely see boost creep. I believe the rule of thumb is, you need to shoot for less than 7psi of difference between the spring and what boost you are planning to run. 7psi spring and you should be fine and not see much creep until you are over 14psi.

·
tq is nice
2,329 Posts
Depends on how much boost you are wanting to run. Get a spring that is rated under what boost you are wanting to run, not over. You can't run lower boost than what the spring is rated for. You can't run a 20psi spring and expect to set the boost on 10psi. So, if you get a 7psi spring and run 10psi you will be fine.

If you run a 7psi spring and 17psi you will more than likely see boost creep. I believe the rule of thumb is, you need to shoot for less than 7psi of difference between the spring and what boost you are planning to run. 7psi spring and you should be fine and not see much creep until you are over 14psi.
I didn't kno that..good info :thumbsup:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I went with a .8 bar spring 11psi...it sounded a little high for me because i wanted low and high boost stages but 11psi for daily is fine.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.